Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Sunday, July 21, 2019  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Clear Day 88° Clear
News >  Spokane

House fire in Browne’s Addition causes no injuries

UPDATED: Thu., July 11, 2019, 8:49 p.m.

A sparking drying machine was the cause of a house fire in Browne’s Addition on Thursday evening, according to residents. No one was hurt. (Will Campbell/The Spokesman-Review)
A sparking drying machine was the cause of a house fire in Browne’s Addition on Thursday evening, according to residents. No one was hurt. (Will Campbell/The Spokesman-Review)

No one was hurt after a sparking dryer caused a house fire in Browne’s Addition on Thursday evening, residents said.

The fire started shortly after 5 p.m. at 2208 W. Pacific Ave., and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames that only caused internal damage. No flames could be seen from outside the three-story building.

Smoke made its way from the laundry room in the basement to the upper floors, where a cat and bunny remained after everyone had escaped.

Resident Jade Tanner, who lives on the upper floor, said the smoke was “very heavy.”

Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter

Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.

You have been successfully subscribed!
There was a problem subscribing you to the newsletter. Double check your email and try again, or email webteam@spokesman.com