Tags


Everything tagged


Sort by:

Latest from The Spokesman-Review


  • Crew finds work waiting at fire station

    Spokane Valley fire crews didn’t have far to go to put out a fire just after 11 p.m. Monday. It was in their own kitchen. Crew members from Station 6 …


  • Man found dead in burning apartment identified

    A 69-year-old man died in a fire inside his Spokane Valley apartment early today.


  • Valley crews extinguish garage fire

    Spokane Valley First Department crews have extinguished a fire in a small detached garage at 7223 E. Montgomery.


  • Welding sparks blamed in fire

    Sparks flying from a welding torch may be to blame for a blaze that destroyed a Spokane Valley man’s garage and heavily damaged his home Tuesday.


  • Firefighters control sawdust fire

    A fire in a sawdust pile filled a Spokane Valley woodworking business with smoke Wednesday morning, but firefighters prevented the blaze from spreading. The owner of Euro Woodworking in the …


  • Firefighters cut handcuffs to free boy

    Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Clifford of Spokane Valley Fire has a few words of advice for anyone playing with handcuffs – make sure you have the key. Firefighters were called …


  • Fire blamed on heat tape in pipe

    Heat tape was the culprit in a fire on Jan. 30 that sent some bushes up in flames but only singed the house in the 24000 block of East Tum …


  • Arson in apartment among fire department’s calls

    The Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to 201 calls from Jan. 14 to 20, including five reports of minor fires. One was an arson fire at the Whimsical Pig Apartments, …


  • Minor calls keep firefighters busy

    The number of calls received by the Spokane Valley Fire Department in the last week was up a bit, but there were no major fires or serious injuries. Of the …


  • Collapsed ceiling prompts call for firefighters

    Firefighters freed a Spokane Valley man from a collapsed ceiling Tuesday. A woman called for help about 9 p.m. when a 16-by-20-foot section of plasterboard fell on her husband, trapping …


  • Three homes burn in one day

    Fires forced three Spokane Valley families out of their homes this week, but no one was seriously injured. Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Clifford said three adults and two children may …


  • Poor pizza prep brings fire department

    With smoke coming out of an apartment Monday and no one responding to their knocks, Spokane Valley firefighters were just about to break down the door. Other tenants at the …


  • Overnight Liberty Lake blaze hit timber, destroyed shed

    A fire in timber and brush in an older section of Liberty Lake threatened to cause an evacuation of residents early today, but firefighters brought the blaze under control quickly …


  • Crews called to another smoldering flowerpot

    The Spokane Valley Fire Department is having trouble convincing people that potted plants don’t make good ashtrays. A proper ashtray is fireproof, but potting soil burns because it contains wood …


  • ‘Unbearable’ odor was marijuana

    After several weeks, a strange odor finally became “unbearable” for a Liberty Lake apartment dweller who called the Spokane Valley Fire Department for help. Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Clifford said …


  • Officials report fire death, freeway fall

    Spokane Valley firefighters dealt with a fatal incident and one that easily could have been fatal in the weekly reporting period that ended Wednesday night. Firefighters revived 64-year-old Sandra L. …


  • Faulty electrical wiring causes fire

    After an investigation, it appears that a fire that destroyed the home of Herb and Jean Davenport on May 1 was caused by faulty electrical wiring in the kitchen, said …


  • Firefighters rescue girl from seat belt’s grip

    Seat belts may save lives, but a 7-year-old Spokane Valley girl learned the hard way that fingers are best left unbuckled. Firefighters had to rescue the girl last week from …


  • One injured, motorhome ruined after fire ignited in carburetor

    Shade tree mechanics of a certain age know that vehicles with carburetors sometimes can be started by pouring some fuel down the throat of the carburetor. The trick is to …


  • Friends come to rescue

    Spokane Valley firefighters saw some of the best and the worst of human nature in the past week. Shortly before 4 p.m. last Saturday firefighters were called to 14203 E. …


  • Firefighters take a whack at safe-cracking

    Firefighters are good at breaking and entering, but the Spokane Valley Fire Department has taken it to a new level. An engine crew from Station 3 in Liberty Lake cracked …


  • Heroes help when fire threatens children, homes

    Spokane Valley firefighters encountered heroism and humor in 247 calls during the seven days that ended Wednesday. Jon Higginson stood tall in the heroism column. The 29-year-old Marine reservist, recently …

Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile