Stories tagged: burn
UPDATED: Wed., July 26, 2017, 8:23 p.m.
Spokane Valley man severely burned while filling generator with gasoline
A Spokane Valley man was severely burned Tuesday evening while attempting fill a generator with gasoline.
Wed., March 15, 2017, 5:17 p.m.
Woman burned when headphones explode on flight to Australia
An Australian woman suffered burns to her face after her battery-operated headphones exploded during a flight from Beijing to Melbourne, Australian air safety investigators said Wednesday.
Tue., Oct. 11, 2016, 1:41 p.m.
New study based on Seattle patients warns of increase in e-cigarette explosions
It was an injury unlike any Dr. Elisha Brownson had seen – a young man whose teeth were blown out when his electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth. His injuries …
Tue., Oct. 4, 2016, 11:11 a.m.
Two city workers hospitalized in Seattle after being burned at Spokane Waste-to-Energy Plant
Two workers were taken to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center after they were burned in an incident at the city’s Waste to Energy plant on Geiger Boulevard.
Wed., June 17, 2015, 9:58 a.m.
Early fire season prompts burn bans across Eastern Washington
City, county and state officials are tightening fire restrictions due to hot and dry conditions across Eastern Washington. The restrictions come after a rash of wildfires that have sprung up …
Sat., June 1, 2013
Local burn victim struggles to afford her recovery
What was supposed to have been an evening hanging out with friends around a fire pit in a South Hill backyard instead became a life-changing experience for Nikole Williams, 31. …
Sat., June 17, 1995
9-Year-Old Hurt When Shirt Burns
A 9-year-old Spokane boy suffered severe burns after lighting his shirt on fire Friday afternoon. The Spokane Fire Department refused to identify the boy, who was taken to Sacred Heart …