Latest from The Spokesman-Review
So this is happening Saturday. I'll be on the sidelines, in the Press Box, in the locker rooms and goodness knows where else! My husband is an EWU grad and we're season ticket holders. This is a really big game and will be televised on ESPN! No way, was I going to turn this gig down.
I've never aspired to sports reporting, so help me out here.
Any burning questions I should ask coaches or players? Pitfalls to avoid?
From Pullman — Washington State announced on Wednesday that the school will host the Eastern Washington football team for a game on Sept. 15, 2018. The release from the school is below.
What a week for area Division I women's basketball teams. Read below for a roundup of the week's action.
Doug Clark was able to find an Eastern Washington University band uniform to fit on his body after practice Thursday in Cheney.At left areformer student Holly Amend and EWU band uniform manager Amanda Goede. Clark, an EWU alum, traveled to Frisco, Texas, with the band to perform during the Eagles 20-19 victory in the national championship game with Delaware. You can read his column here. (SR photo: Dan Pelle)
- Idaho Records/Sherry Adkins, SR
- Huckleberries: Names give storms homey feeling/D.F. Oliveria, SR
- Winter storm watch issued for Tuesday night, Wednesday/Mike Prager, SR
- Opinion: A preview of Otter's State of the State speech today/Idaho Statesman
- CdA, Post Falls school boards to consider levies tonight/Jody Lawrence-Turner, SR
- Budget crunch dominates talk about Idaho legislators/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise
- Post Falls Senior Center relocated activities after flood damage/CdA Press
- Cougar Bay dock storage on agenda tonight/Alecia Warren, CdA Press
- Spokane, North Idaho pols react to Arizona shootings/Colleen O'Brien, KXLY
- World record bull elk shot in Idaho, sort of/Randy King, Boise Weekly
- One year later: Idahoans recall ravaged Haiti/Anna Webb, Statesman
OLYMPIA — Flush from her winnings over the Holiday Bowl, Gov. Chris Gregoire has made another bet on a Washington football team, the Eastern Washington University Eagles.
Gregoire bet big on the U-Dub Huskies against the Nebraska Cornhuskers, salmon for Omaha steaks, and won the steaks from her Nebraska counterpart. So with the Eags playing the Delaware Blue Hens for the Division I championship, Gregoire made a bet Thursday with Delaware Gov. Jack Markel.
Blue Hens win, Gregoire will send some Walla Walla wine, steaks and Washington potatoes east to Delaware. Eags win, Markell will send some Dogfish Head Beach Beer (non alcoholic; it's a local root beer) Delaware chicken and lima beans west to Olympia.
Let see: Walla Walla wine vs, root beer. Steak vs. chicken. Potatoes vs. lima beans.
Seems pretty clear who's getting the better end of the betting line here.