Stories tagged: fire
Tue., Sept. 1, 2009
A fire that destroyed a 250,000-square-foot hay-feed plant east of Moses Lake on Sunday was expected to continue burning for several days, authorities reported Monday. The fire was so hot …
Mon., Aug. 31, 2009, 10:49 a.m.
A fire that destroyed a 250,000-square-foot hay feed plant east of Moses Lake on Sunday was expected to continue burning for several days, authorities reported this morning.
Sun., Aug. 30, 2009, 8:18 p.m.
Firefighters in Grant County tonight are fighting a commercial structure fire at a hay feed manufacturing company east of Moses Lake.
Fri., Aug. 21, 2009, 8:15 a.m.
A faulty portable air conditioner was blamed for a fire this morning that damaged a home in northeast Spokane.
Fri., Aug. 14, 2009, 2:07 p.m.
The three people killed in a Grant County house fire have been identified as a mother and her young sons.
Wed., Aug. 12, 2009, 5:37 p.m.
A woman convicted of setting a grass fire at a mobile home park last September is accused of torching the same area with a single match Monday night.
Wed., Aug. 5, 2009, 4:53 p.m.
RICHLAND — An electrical fault sparked a small fire at the region’s only commercial nuclear power plant, which automatically shut itself down.
Tue., Aug. 4, 2009, 1:16 p.m.
A Post Falls man who saved another man from a car fire in Coeur d’Alene last month was honored as a hero Tuesday.
Mon., Aug. 3, 2009, 3:53 p.m.
After a run of hot temperatures, cool weather and thunderstorms are expected to reach Spokane and Coeur d’Alene by Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. While the weather outlook …
Fri., July 31, 2009, 11:28 a.m.
Coeur d’Alene’s food bank lost its 1989 Dodge van and 500 loaves of bread Thursday when the van caught fire.
Wed., July 29, 2009, 2:14 p.m.
A day after Spokane County banned outdoor burning, the same restrictions have been adopted by Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake and Millwood.
Sat., July 25, 2009, 9:14 p.m.
Thunderstorms north of Spokane County sparked 34 fires Saturday and more may be on the horizon as the chance of storms continues Sunday.
Sat., July 25, 2009, 4:56 p.m.
A Coeur d’Alene man burned Friday when a propane tank in his car exploded has been transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Fri., July 24, 2009, 4:30 p.m.
A Coeur d’Alene man was hospitalized Friday after igniting a car fire in a motel parking lot.
Tue., July 21, 2009, 2:14 p.m.
The Washington Department of Natural Resources today announced burning restrictions on DNR-protected lands in Spokane, Stevens, Ferry, Lincoln and Okanogan counties.
Wed., July 15, 2009, 9:17 a.m.
Fire damaged a law office on North Pines Road early today, but Spokane Valley firefighters were able to stop it from becoming a larger loss.
Thu., July 9, 2009, 8:28 a.m.
Residents of about 25 rooms of an Airway Heights residential hotel were relocated to other rooms after a fire broke out early Thursday morning.
Mon., July 6, 2009, 10:18 a.m.
A Spokane Valley Mall fire that burned part of the building’s exterior was caused by the failure of neon lighting on the outside of the structure near the theaters, fire …
Sat., July 4, 2009
A 4-year-old playing with a lighter probably started a fire Friday morning that seriously injured his mother and destroyed their east Spokane home, a fire official said. The woman, Tawnia …
Thu., July 2, 2009
After 20 years in business, Patricia Bradley stood devastated outside her building on East Francis Avenue on Wednesday night as flames reduced it to a shell. But it wasn’t the …
Wed., July 1, 2009, 10:37 p.m.
After 20 years in business, Patricia Bradley stood devastated outside her building on East Francis Avenue Wednesday night as flames reduced it to a shell. But it wasn’t the $450,000 …
Sun., June 28, 2009
OLYMPIA – With the hottest, driest months yet to come, many parts of the state already are primed for the busiest fire season in years, state officials say. “I’d say …
Thu., June 11, 2009, 10:19 a.m.
Officials are warning of increased fire danger this year after illegal fireworks sparked a small grass fire in Coeur d’Alene that threatened a boat trailer. Firefighters and neighbors contained the …
Fri., June 5, 2009, 8:03 a.m.
An electrical short in a gaming device is being blamed for a basement fire that caused an estimated $60,000 in damages to a South Side home.
Thu., June 4, 2009, 8:01 a.m.
Two separate blazes destroyed part of a sheet metal business and damaged a home in Spokane Valley early today.
Mon., May 25, 2009
A suspicious fire displaced two residents of a West Central Spokane home Sunday. The neighborhood, which is northwest of downtown, has been plagued with arsons the past few years.
Sun., May 24, 2009, 6:11 p.m.
A suspicious fire displaced two residents of a West Central Spokane home on Sunday. The neighborhood, which is north and west of downtown, has been plagued with arsons the last …
Fri., May 22, 2009, 3:10 p.m.
A discarded cigarette caused the fire that ripped through a South Hill apartment complex last week and left 29 homeless, the Spokane Fire Department said today.
Thu., May 14, 2009
Fire ripped through the upstairs of a South Hill apartment complex Wednesday, leaving nearly 30 people homeless. A firewall in the 10-unit building of the Regal Ridge apartments, 5111 S. …
Wed., May 13, 2009, 5:52 p.m.
Fire ripped through the upstairs of a South Hill apartment complex Wednesday, leaving nearly 30 people homeless.