Latest from The Spokesman-Review
Firefighters from the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to a reported garage fire in the 6500 block of East Seventh just after 4 a.m. today. The garage was heavily damaged, but firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to a nearby mobile home. No one was injured and the homeowner had insurance, according to a Valley Fire press release. There's no word yet on the cause of the fire. Photo courtesy the Spokane Valley Fire Department.
The Spokane Valley Fire Department has provided a few pictures of a detached garage fire reported just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 5100 block of North Evergreen. (The pictures are a little dark, but hopefully you can make out details). The fire started when flammable objects placed too close to the wood stove caught fire. There were a couple of older cars and tools in the garage. The damage is estimated at $25,000.
Here's what my backyard looked like this morning after my neighbor's garage burned down. There used to be a fence there.
- garage fire
A Spokane Valley man learned the hard way this afternoon that gasoline fumes and open flames don’t mix. The man was apparently working on his snowmobile when gas fumes ignited and his garage burned, according to a press release from assistant fire marshal Bill Clifford of Spokane Valley Fire
Seven fire trucks responded to the location at 3102 N. Lily Road just after noon. When firefighters arrived the garage was aflame and a neighbor’s garage was also beginning to burn. No one was injured in the fire. The garage and its contents were a total loss. The neighbor’s garage sustained $1,000 in damage. The photo is courtesy of Spokane Valley Fire.