Stories tagged: Gas leak
UPDATED: Wed., July 26, 2017, 10:24 p.m.
Gas leak sends Spokane firefighters and retirement home employees to hospital
Four firefighters and two retirement home employees were hospitalized following a gas leak Tuesday evening at a retirement home northeast of downtown Spokane.
Mon., April 17, 2017, 12:58 p.m.
Workers plug Alaska North Slope oil well that leaked gas
An oil well leaking natural gas on Alaska’s North Slope has been successfully plugged, according to private and government responders.
Fri., Feb. 17, 2017, 10:12 a.m.
6 die in gas leak at South African naval base, several hurt
An apparent gas leak at a naval base in the South African city of Durban killed six people Friday, including three members of the military, authorities said.
Fri., Nov. 4, 2016, 10:41 a.m.
16 homes evacuated after methane found in Washington city
Authorities say 16 homes were evacuated in a city south of Seattle after methane gas was found in soil samples there.
Wed., May 4, 2016, 1:02 p.m.
Cost estimate of Los Angeles-area gas leak hits $665 million
An energy company says expected costs from a massive gas leak near Los Angeles have ballooned to $665 million. Sempra Energy released the estimate in an earnings report Wednesday.
Thu., Feb. 11, 2016, 2:42 p.m.
Massive gas leak near Los Angeles plugged after 16 weeks
A blowout at a natural gas well that gushed uncontrollably for 16 weeks and drove thousands of residents from their Los Angeles homes was plugged Thursday, a utility said.
Tue., Sept. 1, 2015
Downtown Spokane gas line rupture spurs evacuations
Several downtown Spokane businesses were evacuated Monday afternoon when a city street contractor ruptured a 12-inch natural gas line at Monroe Street and Sprague Avenue. Work to fix the damaged …
UPDATED: Mon., Aug. 31, 2015, 3:31 p.m.
Gas leak forces evacuation of downtown Spokane buildings
A natural gas leak in downtown Spokane has prompted the evacuation of The Spokesman-Review building at Monroe and Riverside streets.
Tue., Aug. 18, 2015, 10:47 p.m.
Motel 6 in Bremerton explodes after gas leak; one worker critically injured
SEATTLE — An explosion demolished part of a Motel 6 in Bremerton, Washington, on Tuesday night — critically injuring a gas company worker just minutes after the acting hotel manager …
Mon., Oct. 6, 2014, 9:55 p.m.
Crash causes Coeur d’Alene gas leak
A suspected drunk driver crashed into the Safeway building in Coeur d’Alene, causing a gas leak and a brief evacuation of nearby homes.
Tue., Nov. 6, 2012, 3:27 p.m.
Voting continues at senior center despite gas leak
A natural gas leak in the furnace system forced the Post Falls Senior Center to close its doors today, though as a polling place it will remain open to voters …
Thu., Oct. 14, 2010, 8:13 a.m.
Crash, gas leak closed North Idaho highway
U.S. Highway 95 south of the Spokane River bridge in Coeur d’Alene was closed for more than two hours on Wednesday evening following a one-vehicle crash.
Thu., July 22, 2010, 10:06 a.m.
Gas leaks erupt in Cheney, North Spokane
A break in a one-inch gas line has caused evacuations and a street closure in downtown Cheney, while North Spokane fire crews went to Little Spokane Drive on a second …
Tue., July 13, 2010, 3:49 p.m.
Gas leak repaired near BNSF Railway center
A backhoe operator severed a one-inch natural gas line today next to the BNSF Railway operations center, but the line was repaired without evacuation of workers in nearby buildings, fire …
Tue., Dec. 15, 2009, 11:03 a.m.
Crews cap gas leak at East Sprague business
Crews have capped a gas leak at an East Sprague business that had closed part of the street this morning, according to an Avista Utilities spokeswoman.
Tue., Aug. 25, 2009, 12:20 p.m.
Authorities say toxic gas may have leaked at INL
Officials with the Idaho National Laboratory say emergency workers are responding to a report of a possible toxic gas leak.
Sat., Nov. 22, 2008
Ruptured gas line empties school
Nearly 700 students and staff members at Deer Park High School were evacuated Friday after a construction worker operating a backhoe struck a buried natural gas line at the school. …