Stories tagged: house fire
FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2010
Mom, infant escape
A young mother’s hair was singed Thursday when she and her 2-week-old baby escaped their burning home on West Kiernan Avenue. Sara Farrell, 22, and her daughter, Summerlyn Cope, were …
THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010, 9:51 A.M.
Woman, 2-week-old baby escape house fire
A young mother’s hair was singed this morning when she and her 2-week-old baby escaped their burning home on West Kiernan Avenue.
SUNDAY, JUNE 20, 2010
Pullman house fire blamed on stain-soaked rags
A pile of rags used in staining a deck spontaneously combusted Friday night, damaging a home under construction in Pullman.
FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010, 8:28 A.M.
Fire badly damages Silver Lake home
Fire badly damaged a home in the Silver Lake area east of Medical Lake this morning, but the occupants escaped without injury.
FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2010
Boy started fire, officials say
A fire that injured a 5-year-old boy and several family members who attempted to rescue him from a burning northeast Spokane home was started when the boy lit a bed …
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
Rescued boy’s condition improves after house fire
A 5-year-old boy rescued by firefighters from a burning home on Friday has been upgraded to satisfactory condition, officials said.
FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2010, 3:50 P.M.
Rescued boy’s condition improves after morning house fire
A 5-year-old boy rescued from a burning home in northeast Spokane has improved from critical to serious condition this afternoon at Sacred Heart Medical Center.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9, 2010
Welding sparks blamed in fire
Sparks flying from a welding torch may be to blame for a blaze that destroyed a Spokane Valley man’s garage and heavily damaged his home Tuesday.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010
Fire razes mobile home
Two older residents smelled smoke Tuesday morning in their single-wide mobile home at the Flamingo Trailer Court in Spokane Valley and fled for safety before fire destroyed the building. About …
TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2010, 8:55 A.M.
Residents escape before fire destroys mobile home
Two older residents smelled smoke this morning in their single-wide mobile home at the Flamingo Trailer Court in Spokane Valley and fled for safety before fire destroyed their home.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 2010
Blaze leaves family homeless
A family of six was left homeless Tuesday after a fire destroyed their Airway Heights home.
MONDAY, MAY 17, 2010
Resident gets help after house fire
A home in the 5400 block of North Whitehouse Street was damaged by a fire Sunday, and the resident is being assisted by the Red Cross. The exact cause of …
FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2010
Rags start fire in Valley home
Improperly stored rags sparked a fire at a Spokane Valley home on Thursday.
MONDAY, APRIL 5, 2010, 7:44 A.M.
Firefighters unable to revive dog after house blaze
Fire in the entry way and living room of a northwest Spokane home was put out by firefighters Sunday night, but efforts to revive a dog inside the home were …
FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2010, 7:49 A.M.
Woman escapes early morning duplex fire
A Spokane woman was rescued early today in a fire that broke out in an unoccupied duplex apartment adjacent to the woman’s apartment on Spokane’s North Side.
TUESDAY, MARCH 16, 2010, 11:20 A.M.
Fire damages converted Sprague Ave. apartments
The Spokane fire marshal this morning ordered closure of a substandard apartment building after a suspicious fire damaged a portion of the crowded and cluttered property.
TUESDAY, FEB. 16, 2010, 8:37 A.M.
Post Falls woman suffers burns in house fire
A Post Falls woman suffered burns on her leg, feet and arm early today when she attempted to put out a bedding fire started by a space heater placed too …
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 27, 2010, 7:34 A.M.
Fire damages North Side home
Fire damaged the front portion of a home in northwest Spokane on Tuesday night, and a woman living there escaped without injury, firefighters said.
MONDAY, JAN. 11, 2010, 8:08 A.M.
Fourth fire in Spokane area displaces residents
An early morning fire has damaged apartments on North Crestline Street in Spokane. It was the fourth fire that displaced residents in the Spokane area since early Saturday.
THURSDAY, DEC. 31, 2009, 8:56 A.M.
Fire that razed Hayden Lake home under investigation
Fire officials today were trying to determine the cause of a fire that destroyed a 4,000-square-foot home at Hayden Lake on Wednesday night.
TUESDAY, DEC. 8, 2009, 9:35 A.M.
Red Cross assisting two families displaced by fire
The American Red Cross in Spokane is assisting two families burned out of their duplex units in a fire early today at 1322 S. Robin Hood Road in Spokane Valley.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 28, 2009, 7:54 A.M.
Spokane Valley house fire displaces five
A passerby alerted five residents that their Spokane Valley home was on fire early this morning, fire officials said.
MONDAY, OCT. 12, 2009, 11:59 A.M.
At least seven dogs killed in Spokane County blaze
At least seven dogs were killed this morning in a fire at a rescue shelter for dachshunds in northwest Spokane County.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 25, 2009, 2:44 P.M.
Fire destroys $795,000 home
A $795,000 home for sale in Cheney was destroyed this morning after a fire ignited in the garage.
MONDAY, SEPT. 21, 2009, 8:11 A.M.
Firefighters discover body after house fire
A badly burned body was recovered from a house fire Sunday evening in the Rathdrum area of North Idaho.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 19, 2009, 9:03 A.M.
Man injured trying to fight house fire
A resident living along Inland Empire Way was burned this morning when he attempted to knock down a second-story residential fire with a garden hose, Spokane fire officials said.
SATURDAY, AUG. 15, 2009
House fire traced to potted plant
An improperly discarded cigarette caused at least one fire in Spokane Valley last week and possibly two. Someone tried to put a cigarette out in a potted plant during the …
FRIDAY, AUG. 14, 2009, 2:07 P.M.
Mother, 2 sons ID’d as Grant Co. fire victims
The three people killed in a Grant County house fire have been identified as a mother and her young sons.
SATURDAY, JULY 25, 2009, 4:13 P.M.
Fire destroys Spokane Valley home
A neighborhood telephone list may have saved a man’s life early Saturday morning when neighbors woke him up by calling to tell him his house was on fire. The residents …
MONDAY, JULY 20, 2009, 8:29 A.M.
Kitchen fire evacuates 6 adults, 4 children
A kitchen fire damaged a duplex dwelling in northeast Spokane early this morning, forcing the evacuation of the six adults and four children who lived there.