Latest from The Spokesman-Review
Three men trying to make hash oil from marijuana in Moses Lake today ignited a flash fire that left them severely burned, authorities said.
Jeffrey A. Beavin, 30, Ray A. Jones, 28, and Sean M. Jensen, 28, all of Moses Lake were using butane to extract resin from marijuana when one lit a cigarette about 9 p.m., according to the Grant County Sheriff’s Office.
Butane that had accumulated in the shed, adjacent to 4421 Airway Drive NE, ignited and several injured the men.
The men were taken to Samaritan Hospital in Moses Lake and then transferred to Harborview Medical Center’s burn unit in Seattle. The sheriff’s office is investigating.