Tags


Everything tagged


Sort by:

Latest from The Spokesman-Review


  • Discarded cigarette may have started blaze

    The Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to several fires in the two weeks from April 27 to May 10, including at least one thought to be caused by an improperly …


  • Don’t let embarrassment fuel your kitchen fire

    It could happen to anyone. It could happen to you. Kitchen fires can be frightening. They can be costly. And they can be deadly. And they happen all the time.


  • Moving boxes catch fire, cause $25,000 in damage to home

    If you find yourself moving into a new residence any time soon, the Spokane Valley Fire Department has a safety message for you: Don’t put cardboard moving boxes on top …


  • Reaction to stove-top fire good, bad

    Quick action kept a stove fire from spreading Tuesday in the 900 block of South Dickey Road. After a pan of oil caught fire, the residents “actually took the lid, …


  • Crews snuff variety of secondary blazes

    A series of small fires caused by everything from cigarettes to cooking mishaps kept Spokane Valley Fire Department crews busy the week of June 5-12. A cigarette is the suspected …


  • Thanksgiving period no break for firefighters

    The Spokane Valley Fire Department had a busy two weeks surrounding the Thanksgiving holiday, responding to 461 calls from Nov. 15-28. There were several serious fires that generated a large …


  • Fire department calls down one-fifth

    The Spokane Valley Fire Department recorded a drop in the number of calls the week of Nov. 1-7 to 195. The department had been running at 250 or more calls …


  • Fire calls change with the weather

    Cooler fall weather seems to have tamed the number of calls received by the Spokane Valley Fire Department for the week of Oct. 6-12, which dropped to a more normal …


  • Ten illegal fires reported

    The Spokane Valley Fire Department didn’t respond to an overly large number of calls from June 30 to July 13, but an inordinately large number of calls were for fires …


  • Cooking-related fire causes heavy damage

    Spokane Valley Fire Department crews were kept busy from May 12-25 with several house fires and two calls for river rescues. The two house fires on May 12 were both …


  • Valley firefighters called to aid shooting victim

    Spokane Valley Department Fire crews responded to an incident in the early morning hours of March 5 that left a Spokane man with a bullet in his head. When firefighters …


  • Dishwasher blaze at station is firefighters’ biggest job

    It was a fire inside Spokane Valley Fire Station 6 that topped the week of Dec. 9-15 for firefighters with Spokane Valley Fire. The crew returned from a call just …


  • Crew finds work waiting at fire station

    Spokane Valley fire crews didn’t have far to go to put out a fire just after 11 p.m. Monday. It was in their own kitchen. Crew members from Station 6 …


  • Havermale kitchen fire quickly extinguished

    A fire in the kitchen at Havermale High School was quickly extinguished by staff about 9:40 a.m. today, but smoke spread into the main floor of the building, fire officials …


  • Stove-fueled fire damages North Side home

    Jules St. Clair had invested about $20,000 in music equipment and was starting to form a band. All that went up in smoke Monday evening when his home caught fire. …

Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile