Latest from The Spokesman-Review
LastDemoInIdaho: Attended an interesting meeting of the Lake City Senior Citizens Board this evening. The board is claiming a dire future for the Lake City Senior Center unless they figure out a way to significantly increase income. Bingo and lunches and pool player dues and a few facility rentals are not doing it. Board chair Panabaker revealed an interesting fact that the city of Hayden contributes 35,000 dollars a year to keep the Hayden Senior Center going. The Lake City facility gets no help at all from any city or county funds, except snow/ice removal of the parking lot from the city of CDA. Nice, but not enough. More below.
- Seniors address Lake City center changes/Alecia Warren, Press
Question: Should the city of Coeur d'Alene of Kootenai County provide funding so the Lake City Senior Center can keep its doors open?
“Elmer Currie takes his sweetheart of seven decades for a twirl on the dance floor at the Lake City Senior Center on Saturday,” posts Kerri Thoreson, More Main Street. “Elmer and Bernie mark their 70th wedding anniversary today. More about their celebration in Main Street here.”
- Wednesday Word (Matt. 6:34)/A Butterfly Moment
- Made in Spokane/Accidental Rabbit Trails
- Millions of cicadas; I'm throwing up now/Chronic Discontent
- Celebrate Bike to Work Week (May 16-21)/City of Coeur d'Alene
- Works for Me Wednesday: Cleaning supplies/Crazy Homeschool Mama
- The president as a prize/Dogwalk Musings
- How many servers have you had?/From A Simple Mind
- Plate to pixel: Lessons in food photography/Gathering Around the Table
- Have the bikes out on the sidewalk today/Hoppy Girl & Her Guy
- Community roots gear up for spring/Terry Harris, KEA Blog
- The places you will go/Slight Detour
Hucks Online numbers (for Tuesday, May 10): 7040/4155
Question: How long were your parents married?