Stories tagged: smoke inhalation
UPDATED: Thu., Sept. 7, 2017, 10:43 p.m.
Little refuge for wildlife as smoke lingers over region
Wild critters can’t heed health agency warnings to take refuge indoors from the pall of wildfire smoke smothering the West. They’re stuck outside, coping with bad air quality much as …
UPDATED: Fri., June 23, 2017, 5:16 p.m.
Moses Lake woman who died in house fire identified
The person who died in a Moses Lake house fire Thursday morning has been identified as 84-year-old Lora Smart.
UPDATED: Fri., Feb. 28, 2014, 10:52 a.m.
Man and woman taken to Harborview following early morning CDA fire
Eight people, including six children, were taken to the hospital in Coeur d’Alene after a fire broke out in an apartment complex early Friday morning.
Tue., June 18, 2013, 10:14 a.m.
Investigators seeking connections between two fires
Investigators are looking for a connection between two fires that occurred this week and said at least one of them was intentionally set.
Sun., May 5, 2013
Months after rescuing family from fire, man loses his fight
For five months, Dave Apperson left his landscaping job early every Friday and drove to Harborview Medical Center to see his son. For five months, Jessica Hammond was terrified to …
Fri., Aug. 3, 2012, 8:41 p.m.
2 hospitalized after fire breaks out at Liberty Lake firm
Two people were hospitalized after inhaling smoke when a fire broke out at a manufacturing plant in Liberty Lake Friday.
Thu., June 7, 2012
Fire razes Hillyard apartments
Four residents were treated for smoke inhalation after an “aggressive, violent fire” destroyed a Hillyard apartment building Tuesday night and early Wednesday. “It was a really dangerous situation,” said Brian …
Sat., April 30, 2011
One resident hospitalized after Valley apartment fire
A Spokane Valley woman was hospitalized with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her apartment Friday. Valley fire crews responded to The Villages, 217 S. Sullivan Road, about …
Fri., April 23, 2010
Rags start fire in Valley home
Improperly stored rags sparked a fire at a Spokane Valley home on Thursday.
Tue., Dec. 1, 2009, 11:32 a.m.
Woman dies after apartment fire
A 70-year-old Spokane woman died today after being pulled from her burning apartment in downtown Spokane.