Stories tagged: Spokane Valley Fire Department
UPDATED: Thu., June 15, 2017, 2:29 p.m.
Spokane Valley firefighters battle house fire with flames visible from over a half-mile away
Spokane Valley firefighters worked to extinguish a house fire early Thursday morning that had flames visible from more than a half-mile away.
UPDATED: Wed., June 14, 2017, 9:04 p.m.
Two dogs die in Spokane Valley house fire despite efforts from neighbors, fire crews
Two dogs died in a mobile home fire Wednesday evening despite the efforts of neighbors and crews from the Spokane Valley Fire Department.
Sat., June 10, 2017, 2:54 p.m.
Dog dies in Spokane Valley house fire
A dog died in a Spokane Valley house fire late Friday night, but the two people inside were able to escape without injury.
Wed., June 7, 2017, 4:10 p.m.
Fire roundup: Potholder left on stove sparks fire in Spokane Valley
A potholder was the culprit in a kitchen fire reported at 4105 N. McDonald Road on May 28.
UPDATED: Thu., June 1, 2017, 9:31 p.m.
Landslide destroys outbuilding in Spokane Valley
A landslide took out at least one outbuilding in Spokane Valley Thursday afternoon and the basement of a nearby home is full of water, according to the Spokane Valley Fire …
UPDATED: Sat., May 27, 2017, 6 p.m.
Two rescued from the Spokane River in separate incidents
Two people were plucked from the Spokane River Saturday in separate incidents in Spokane Valley and Post Falls.
UPDATED: Wed., May 24, 2017, 9:21 p.m.
Firefighters stop towering brush fire from spreading to structures at Honeywell plant in Spokane Valley
A wall of flame shut down Sullivan Road outside the Spokane Valley Honeywell plant and prompted a heavy response from the Spokane Valley Fire Department Wednesday afternoon.
Wed., May 24, 2017, 3:33 p.m.
Spokane Valley Fire Department crews unable to save man trapped in collapsed hole
Spokane Valley Fire Department crews tried unsuccessfully to save a man who was trapped headfirst in a hole when it collapsed around him and filled with dirt.
UPDATED: Mon., May 15, 2017, 1:22 p.m.
Man dies after dirt collapses on him while making repairs at Spokane Valley home
A man was killed early Monday morning while installing new plumbing under his Spokane Valley home. The man, whose identity has not been released, was working head first in a …
Wed., May 10, 2017, 1:22 p.m.
Huge bonfire draws attention of Spokane Valley Fire Department
It’s not uncommon for the Spokane Valley Fire Department to respond to outdoor fires this time of year, even though burning yard debris, garbage and construction materials is illegal year-round.
UPDATED: Fri., May 5, 2017, 10:23 p.m.
Sheriff’s deputy, Spokane Valley Fire Department revive 2-year-old who fell into a backyard pond
A Spokane County sheriff’s deputy and Spokane Valley Fire Department personnel were able to revive a 2-year-old girl who fell in a backyard pond Thursday night and nearly drowned.
UPDATED: Mon., April 24, 2017, 8:55 a.m.
More than 100 Avista customers in Spokane Valley lose power after pickup knocks over power pole
About 115 Avista Utilities customers are without power after a truck hit a power pole in Spokane Valley this morning. A man driving a Dodge Durango crashed into a power …
Sun., April 23, 2017
Community helps welcome new Ladder 10 to the Greenacres Fire Station
Kids and kids-at-heart gathered on the lawn outside the Spokane Valley Fire Department’s Greenacres Station Saturday morning, eagerly waiting for a chance to get a look at the department’s new …
UPDATED: Wed., April 19, 2017, 12:25 p.m.
Vehicle compartment fire consumes newspaper delivery woman’s car
Cars played a pivotal role in two calls the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to last week, with one destroyed and the other unaccounted for.
UPDATED: Thu., April 13, 2017, 7:20 a.m.
Spokane Valley earned best rating in Eastern Washington; insurance rates likely to fall
Homeowners insurance in Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake and Millwood just got a little cheaper – the Spokane Valley Fire Department now has a Class 2 fire insurance rating from the …
Wed., April 12, 2017, noon
Grease fire nearly torches Three Sisters restaurant
A grease fire nearly ignited the Three Sisters Vietnamese and Chinese Cuisine restaurant at 10615 E. Sprague Ave. last week.
UPDATED: Fri., April 7, 2017, 8:28 a.m.
Driver injured in crash with Spokane Valley fire truck
A driver was seriously injured early Friday in a head-on collision between a car and a Spokane Valley fire engine, the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office reported.
UPDATED: Sat., April 1, 2017, 12:18 p.m.
Fired Spokane Valley firefighter’s religious email case will be heard by State Supreme Court
A Spokane Valley firefighter trying to get his job back since he was fired in 2012 will argue his case against the Spokane Valley Fire Department before the Washington State …
UPDATED: Sun., March 26, 2017, 4:29 p.m.
Residents and cat escape early-morning house fire in Spokane Valley
An electrical issue led to an attic fire and a prompt evacuation for the residents and cat of a Spokane Valley home early Sunday morning.
Wed., March 22, 2017, 4:07 p.m.
Fire roundup: Alert dog saves Spokane Valley family from kitchen flames
The efforts of an alert dog saved a Spokane Valley family recently when the animal warned them of a fire in their kitchen.
UPDATED: Mon., March 13, 2017, 10:54 p.m.
Spokane Valley firefighters grant fifth-grader’s birthday wish
A young boy delivered a handwritten birthday invitation to Spokane Valley firefighters, and they didn’t let him down.
UPDATED: Fri., March 10, 2017, 7:38 p.m.
Family pets die in Spokane Valley house fire
Two cats and a hamster died in a fire that destroyed half a duplex in Spokane Valley Friday.
UPDATED: Wed., March 8, 2017, 8:59 p.m.
Suspicious fire damages vacant home in Spokane Valley
A suspicious fire damaged a vacant house in Spokane Valley Wednesday afternoon.
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 26, 2017, 8:29 p.m.
Water main ruptures in Spokane Valley leaving multiple residents without water for several hours
A water main ruptured early Sunday morning in Spokane Valley, leaving multiple residents without water for several hours.
UPDATED: Thu., Feb. 23, 2017, 5:03 p.m.
Large outbuilding, vehicles destroyed in Greenacres fire
A large outbuilding burned down in Greenacres Thursday afternoon, destroying a new truck, a boat and a fifth wheel trailer in the process.
Wed., Feb. 22, 2017, 5:16 p.m.
Spokane Valley fire roundup: ‘Bucket brigade’ douses molten metal fire at Kaiser
A call at the Kaiser Aluminum plant in Spokane Valley early one morning last week led to hours of effort by Spokane Valley Fire Department crews to put out a …
UPDATED: Mon., Feb. 20, 2017, 7:19 p.m.
Spokane Valley family escapes burning home thanks to smoke alarm
A Spokane Valley family safely evacuated their home early this morning after a small house fire ravaged parts of the attic.
UPDATED: Sat., Feb. 18, 2017, 5:33 p.m.
Resident, two dogs saved from burning Spokane Valley home
One person was injured in an early morning kitchen fire Saturday but two dogs were rescued from the home unharmed.
UPDATED: Wed., Feb. 15, 2017, 3:21 p.m.
Fire roundup: Spokane Valley firefighters arrive to find fire in doghouse
Firefighters with the Spokane Valley Fire Department respond to structure fires all the time, but the structure they were called to protect recently was a little unusual.
Tue., Jan. 24, 2017, 4:06 p.m.
Sunday’s fatal house fire in Spokane Valley caused by child playing with a heat source
Sunday’s fatal house fire in Spokane Valley –