Stories tagged: Spokane Valley Fire Department
Fri., Feb. 26, 2016, 7:55 a.m.
Valley crews put out fire in industrial lot
Spokane Valley fire crews responded to a commercial structure fire inside an industrial lot early Friday morning.
Wed., Feb. 24, 2016, 3:44 p.m.
Bacon grease fire ruins meatloaf
Most people would agree that bacon smells yummy and tastes delicious, but one man found out recently that it can also be flammable.
Wed., Feb. 17, 2016, 4:07 p.m.
Fire Roundup: Arson fires continue in Spokane Valley
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is still reporting a problem with deliberately set dumpster fires in the Spokane Valley area.
Wed., Feb. 10, 2016
Spokane Valley Fire Roundup: Arson investigation continues
Investigators are still looking for clues as to who set four fires in Spokane Valley in the early morning hours of Jan. 29.
Fri., Feb. 5, 2016, 4:57 p.m.
Spokane Valley Fire crews rescue deer caught in a net
Spokane Valley Fire Department crews rescued a deer that had become tangled in a net at the old Painted Hills Golf Course Friday morning.
Fri., Jan. 29, 2016, 12:58 p.m.
Man sought in series of Spokane Valley arsons
Spokane Valley firefighters are searching for a suspect in a series of four arsons set early Friday morning.
Wed., Jan. 27, 2016, 5:35 p.m.
Fire roundup: Portable toilet fire ruled suspicious, officials say
A port-a-potty met a fiery end recently in Spokane Valley, and fire investigators believe it was intentionally set.
Wed., Jan. 13, 2016
Children home alone put out kitchen fire
The small stove-top fire reported in the 900 block of South Mamer Road on Dec. 30 wasn’t unusual, but what the fire crews found when they arrived was.
Wed., Jan. 6, 2016, 5:45 p.m.
Family pets die in Newman Lake fire
Discarded cigarettes are believed to be the cause of a catastrophic fire that destroyed a mobile home and killed two pets near Newman Lake recently.
Thu., Dec. 31, 2015, 1:58 p.m.
Cat saves owner from fire
A cat that alerted his owner to a mobile home fire in the Sunny Vista Mobile Home Park Wednesday night is now missing.
Tue., Dec. 29, 2015, 12:35 p.m.
Woman injured in sledding accident in Valley Mission Park
A woman was injured in a sledding accident in Spokane Valley’s Mission Park late Monday night.
Wed., Dec. 9, 2015
Burning bud prompts call to fire department
What was thought to be a call for burning debris or yard waste turned out to be a little bit different recently for a crew with the Spokane Valley Fire …
Thu., Dec. 3, 2015, 6:30 p.m.
Spokane Baptist Church damaged in fire
The Spokane Valley Baptist Church was heavily damaged by a two-alarm fire early Thursday morning.
Wed., Nov. 18, 2015
Cooler weather brings problems
Cooler weather brought fires with it as people’s attempts to keep warm caused problems.
Wed., Nov. 4, 2015
Reward offered in arson investigation
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is continuing to investigate an arson fire that damaged or destroyed three modular structures in Spokane Valley earlier this month.
Wed., Oct. 21, 2015
Smoke detector installed by firefighters saves woman from fire
A Spokane Valley Fire Department crew saved a woman’s life a week before a fire broke out in her apartment.
Wed., Oct. 14, 2015
Retired school superintendent faces former student in election
The race for the only contested Spokane Valley Fire Department commissioner seat is between the former Central Valley School District superintendent and one of his former students.
Thu., Oct. 8, 2015
RV fire spotted by crew heading to house fire
A couple were able to escape from their burning home at 4111 S. Conifer Court just after 6 a.m. on Sept. 30 after being alerted by their smoke detectors.
Thu., Oct. 1, 2015
Fire Roundup: Oil soaked rags spark garage fire
Rags that had been soaked in peanut oil are apparently to blame for a fire that consumed a garage near Eighth Avenue and Barker Road last week.
Thu., Sept. 24, 2015
Cigarette in porch pot blamed for house fire
The cause of a fire that heavily damaged a Spokane Valley home earlier this week has been traced to a cigarette discarded in a potted plant on the front porch, …
Thu., Sept. 10, 2015
Spokane Valley sees uptick in illegal fires
It may have rained over the weekend and camp fire rules have been relaxed in developed campgrounds, but a burn ban is still in effect for much of Spokane County. …
Thu., Sept. 3, 2015
Pair of mobile homes, utility pole total loss
Investigators have not determined the cause of a fire that destroyed two mobile homes and a utility pole on Aug. 27, but faulty electrical wiring has been ruled out, said …
Thu., Aug. 27, 2015
‘Flagrant’ violations of burn ban reported
The Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to a couple “flagrant” violations of the burn ban recently, said department spokeswoman Melanie Rose. All open burning, including campfires, is banned in Spokane …
Wed., Aug. 26, 2015
Woman, 71, dies days after Spokane Valley house fire
A woman who was seriously burned in a fire at her Spokane Valley home on Saturday has died. Patricia Bohannon, 71, died Monday after she suffered burns on more than …
Thu., Aug. 20, 2015
Officials probe arson fires
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is dealing with two groups of arson fires, one of which destroyed numerous outbuildings and vehicles. Crews were called to 8317 E. Alki Ave. shortly …
Fri., Aug. 14, 2015
Arson-detecting dog being ‘retrained’ for retirement
The adjustment to retirement can be difficult: being at home all day instead of at work, missing the interaction with co-workers, the need to sniff gasoline before sitting down to …
Thu., Aug. 13, 2015
Fire roundup: Lighter sets yard ablaze
The weather has been hot and dry for so long that any little thing has the potential to start a damaging fire, as one homeowner recently discovered. The resident had …
Fri., Aug. 7, 2015
Deputy who aided newborn receives Lifesaver Award
The newborn girl on the bathroom floor was purple and not breathing. Spokane County sheriff’s Deputy Randy Watts saw the medical call pop up on his patrol car’s computer screen …
Thu., Aug. 6, 2015
Officials seek woman in connection with Valley apartment fire
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is looking for a woman in connection with a two-alarm fire that destroyed several garages and damaged apartments at 11910 E. Broadway. The cause of …
Mon., July 27, 2015, 11:28 a.m.
Barking puppy alerts family to fire at Spokane Valley apartments
After a fire ravaged their apartment Monday morning in Spokane Valley, a family of three thanked their puppy, Bonita, for alerting them to the danger.