Latest from The Spokesman-Review
CYCLING — Whether you want to stay close to Spokane or travel across borders to new terrain, August and September offer a huge assortment of organized bicycling events to pique your interest in pedaling.
Of note coming up:
- Tour de Lentil metric century, Aug. 23: has 50K and 100K courses with pit stops through rolling Palouse hills based out of Pullman. Post ride BBQ. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. About $35.
- Great Northwest Fall Tour , Aug. 31: Ride 15, 30, 50 or 85-mile routes beginning at Newport City Park. Benefits Newport/Priest River Rotary Club. $30 ($75 per family).
Check out the details in my 2014 Northwest Bicycling Events Calendar for rides within 300 miles of Spokane.
BICYCLING — The annual SpokeFest event, with bike rides and activities for the whole family based out of Spokane's Riverfront Park and into Riverside State Park, isn't until Sept. 7.
But if you register before Monday, June 30, your name will be entered in drawing for an adult bicycle from REI.
BICYCLING — Time's running out to register for Spokane's premier bicycling event.
Choose from four rides ranging from a fun-filled loop in Riverfront Park for kids to 9, 21 and 47 milers through Riverside State Park.
- SpokeFair will have live music, food, vendors and interactive booths!
- Mountain Gear will be giving away prizes at SpokeFair including sunglasses, day packs, jackets for men and women and more…
- Spokey, the SpokeFest mascot will be greeting kids and families.
- Kids riding the Park Loop will be entered in a drawing for a free bike.
BICYCLING – The orgnaizers of SpokeFest, the annual September bicycle celebration that branches out from downtown Spokane, are offering an early sign-up incentive:
Choose from four different routes on Sept. 9:
- 1 or 2.5-mile Park Loop and Bike Safety Rodeo,
- 9-mile Spokane Falls Route,
- 21–mile Classic River Route
- 47-mile Four Mounds Route.
All of the rides and events start downtown and finish at the SpokeFair on the Post Street Bridge next to Riverfront Park.
Read on for more details.