Latest from The Spokesman-Review
Mike Martz might think the Chicago Bears could be ready to play the Hall of Fame game on a day's notice, but linebacker Brian Urlacher doesn't believe the team will be able to play on the scheduled date of Aug. 7. “I think the Hall of Fame game is a no-go even if we get it done today,” Urlacher told ESPN's George Smith, referring to the NFLPA possibly approving a new collective bargaining agreement Thursday. A Bears official told ESPN that the team is still planning to play the game against the St. Louis Rams but “everything is so fluid,” it's just not clear what will happen yet. The official said it's not up to the team whether to play. The league decides, and the Bears are doing their best to prepare/ESPN Chicago. More here.
Question (with H/T to Melissa Luck/KXLY): Are you more interested in the NFL deal or the debt celing deal?
A fan holds a sign during the first half of an NFL football game between the Seattle Seahawks and the St. Louis Rams Sunday in Seattle. The Seahawks won 16-6 to finish 7-9 and win the NFL West and a playoff bid against the New Orleans Saints next week. (AP Photo/John Froschauer)
- Blanchette: Laugh with Seahawks, not at them
Question: Are you happy or embarrassed that the 7-9 Seahawks made the playoffs?
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, center, is congratulated by teammates Steve Breaston, left, and Max Komar after catching a 21-yard pass for a touchdown during the fourth quarter of an NFL football game against the St. Louis Rams Sunday in St. Louis. Arizona won 17-13. Komar, the former Idaho Vandal, made 2 catches for 29 yards in his first professional football game, including one catch for 20 yards. Boxscore here. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)
- Smoked salmon vodka lands in Washington liquor stores/Mike Prager, SR
- Parade float shows Obama whipping ‘future taxpayer’/Rob Kauder, KXLY
- Deputy Hirzel under investigation for sex toys, too/Jeff Humphrey, KXLY
- Coeur d’Alene teens may have been chased prior to fatal rollover/KREM
- WAC sues Mountain West, Fresno State, Nevada/Brian Murphy, Statesman
- Boise State enrollment reaches nearly 20,000/Bill Roberts, Statesman
- 3 Boise schools hit w/anti-American graffiti, burned flags/Ty Brennan, KTVB
- Petersen reacts to Virginia Tech loss fallout/Associated Press