Latest from The Spokesman-Review
Today's Slice question: What is the relationship between not taking your foot off the accelerator when your car's tires are loudly spinning on the ice and IQ?
- winter driving
WINTER TRAVEL — Slippery roads this week are a reminder that drivers should be prepared for mishaps that might catch stuck, stranded or off the road in winter conditions.
A bag of items stashed in your vehicle could spell the difference between comfort and misery if not — in the worst case scenario — life and death.
Carry a survival kit in your vehicle.
- First-aid kit
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Cellular phone and charger
- Windshield scraper with snow brush
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Extra winter clothes including shoes, hats and gloves
- Compact shovel
- Traction aids (bag of sand or cat litter) and tow strap
- Emergency flares
- Jumper cables
- Non-perishable food and bottled water
- Road map
- Candles, matches, non-liquid firestarter.
- Special-needs items vehicle passengers may require.
Sparky: (I) almost rammed a half a dozen people just for fun. The last driver was lucky I had my child in the car. I ask you what idiot drives with a full cup of coffee in his hand? The dumb (expletive) hit a pothole and dropped his coffee cup in lap. He attempts to blot and move without removing the cup from his hand, breaking, or watching where he was going which was head on into us. When I honked my horn to remind him that he was driving, he looked up, twisted his truck into his lane and through down his coffee cup just so he could flip me off. It took all my control not to take his rusty old piece of crap out of commission and the fact my daughter said “(expletive)!”
Question: What is the worst example of idiot driving that you’ve seen since the berms began squeezing traffic into 1 1/2 lanes on the side streets?