Then and Now

STCU moving into historic Hutton Building

Levi Hutton and his wife, May Arkwright Hutton, financed the Hutton Building in 1907 with proceeds from their Hercules Mine in Idaho.


Image two
Image one
Slide
Image One Photo Archive The Spokesman-Review Image Two Jesse Tinsley The Spokesman-Review

Levi Hutton and his wife, May Arkwright Hutton, financed the Hutton Building in 1907 with proceeds from their Hercules Mine in Idaho. The top three floors of the structure, designed by John Dow, were added in 1910. According the website of current owner, ConoverBond Development, the original fireplace and living room of the Huttons’ top-floor penthouse is now incorporated into CH2M Hill’s offices. Levi Hutton, a former train engineer, is best known for the Hutton Settlement Orphanage and was inspired by his wife, who was a well-known political activist and women’s suffrage advocate.


Recent in Then and Now



Close

Sections


Profile

Close

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801