The initiatives likely to make the ballot are a small sample of those that won’t.
Three initiatives submit far more signatures than they need to qualify for the ballot, but Secretary of State Kim Wyman says one proposal’s petitions raise legal concerns.
Voters likely to be asked whether to prevent new local taxes on soda and other groceries.
Supporters of gun control initiative turn in more than 267,000 signatures.
An effort to get the Washington Supreme Court to block a proposed gun-control initiative was dismissed.
State launches a department centered around children and families.
Supporters of an initiative to impose a fee on fossil fuels turn in signatures.
Washington Supreme Court to decide whether an initiative on the police use of deadly force must go on the November ballot by itself, with an alternative version, or not at all.
U.S. Supreme Court upholds latest version of President Trump’s travel ban.
Federal government says Western State Hospital still does not meet standards despite improvements.
Proposal to declare a National Orca Protection Month may be a whale of an idea, but fans of the marine mammals shouldn’t get their hopes up.
Most read stories
- Gutsy wrangler, huge horse save boy from charging grizzly …
- Lisa Brown, Cathy McMorris Rodgers face off in first public debate …
- Spokane Public Schools planning to reduce staffing through attrition to pay for teacher raises …
- Gonzaga adds to 2019 recruiting class with Martynas Arlauskas, a 6-foot-7 wing from Lithuania …
- Seven new rules every Washington hunter should know this fall …