A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Bombastic opens its Hayden brewery from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for pints and growler fills of Uncommon Wisdom English IPA, Common Wisdom imperial IPA and the Coffee Malice and Chocolate Murder Cake imperial stouts, plus free tastes of a test batch of barrel-aged stout.
– Post Falls Brewing continues its second anniversary celebration starting at noon with special beer releases, food trucks and live music.
– Local beers, ciders and food will be featured in this year’s Micros For Mamas from 6 to 9 at Dealers Auto Auction in Airway Heights. Tickets are $45, with proceeds supporting the the Spokane YoungLives program for teen mothers.
– Bellwether taps a keg of its Cochinito Amber Lager, brewed for the downtown taqueria but not usually served in the taproom; get a free coozie with a pint purchase.
– Black Label has released a Coffee Cream Ale and Peach/Mango Sour.
– Twelve String releases its Drop D Stout aged in Barili Cellars port barrels from noon to 5, with Barili's Liquoroso Port also available for side-by-side tasting along with stout brownies.
Local journalism is essential.
The journalists of The Spokesman-Review are a part of the community. They live here. They work here. They care. You can help keep local journalism strong right now with your contribution. Thank you.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.