A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Selkirk Abbey bids farewell to head brewer Steve Milnes with daylong discount prices on a special 12-beer lineup including the release of his new Belgian Golden Strong.
– Bombastic and Downdraft debut a collaboration black IPA for Idaho Craft Beer Month with a release party at Downdraft from 4 to 7; bottles can be ordered in advance through Bombastic for pickup at the event.
– Bottles hosts a New Belgium tasting starting at 5 featuring the Sour Saison, Le Terroir dry-hopped sour, Honey Orange Tripel, Juicy Haze and The Hemperor IPAs and Fat Tire.
– An '80s night at Beerocracy beginning at 6 will include drink specials, dancing and a costume contest.
– The Lemon Cream Ale is back on tap at Hopped Up.
– Daft Badger's The Big Something party from 12:30 to 8 p.m. will feature a special barrel-soured ale release, Philly cheesesteaks outdoors and live and DJ music (plus a tent in case of showers).
– Bellwether releases a Dankberry Braggot brewed with whole raspberries and raspberry blossom honey along with barley and oat malts, catnip, hops and a hint of star anise.
– Mad Bomber hosts a chili cook-off from 2 to 4; entries are full, but customers can sample for free and vote for their favorite.
Local journalism is essential.
The journalists of The Spokesman-Review are a part of the community. They live here. They work here. They care. You can help keep local journalism strong right now with your contribution. Thank you.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.