A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– River City's monthly First Friday brewery party from 4 to 10 p.m. features $4 beers – including two firkin variations on its Kung Fu Death Monkey imperial IPA, one with Citra cryo hops and one with blackberry puree – plus food from the Couple of Chefs truck and music by Ragtag Romantics.
– A Ninkasi tasting from 4 to 7 at the South Hill Growler Guys will include Yours Truly blonde, Pacific Rain pale, Maiden the Shade summer IPA and the limited-release Whiteaker Series No. 2 Double Hopped IPA.
– Post Falls Brewing pints will be $2 from 5 to 8 p.m. for First Friday at The Local Deli in Hayden, with live music by David Reed.
– The Rocket Market offers a European spring beer class from 7 to 9. Cost is $25; call (509) 343-2253 for reservations.
– Daft Badger releases a pineapple-infused Hazy Daze of Summer IPA.
– Post Falls Brewing taps a hazy new She Knows I'm Legit IPA.
– Badass Backyard's weekly small-batch releases are a Golden Ale and Lawnmower Stout.
– Community Pint taps Fremont's latest Head Full of Dynomite hazy IPA and Cascade's Manhattan NW cherry/apricot sour for First Friday.
– The Inland Brewers Unite (IBU) club celebrates National Homebrew Day with group brewing demonstrations starting at 11 a.m. at Nu Home Brew (all are welcome to come and brew), plus a potluck (burgers and hot dogs provided, bring side dishes/salads/desserts).
– Mad Bomber's annual EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Memorial Fundraiser starting at 11 will include a special beer release, bomb suit beer pong (winner gets a free beer each day for a year), music, food and a gun raffle; a portion of proceeds benefits the EOD Warrior Foundation.
– Laughing Dog will feature a beer from Sandpoint's 7B Hop Heads club for National Homebrew Day beginning at 3.
– Community Pint's Cinco de Mayo party features four Pelican beers – El Pelicano Mexican-style lager, Citricumulus pale, Queen of Hearts gin barrel-aged saison and Berried at Sea currant/blackberry stout – plus live music at 7 by the Working Spliffs.
– Bellwether releases a red pepper flake beer for Cinco de Mayo.
– Perry Street is offering a pint of pilsner and two house-made Gordita Crunches for $10.
– Big Barn brings back its Miss Maggie's Lavender IPA as it opens its regular taphouse for the season, and also is pouring a sage-infused Mead Honey Lager.
– Bellwether brings back its Whiter Shade of Pale lager.
– Badass Backyard taps Young Buck's Timesuck Podcast IPA.
– The Newport Highway Growler Guys is taking $1 off fills for nurses with employee badges for National Nurses Day.
Local journalism is essential.
The journalists of The Spokesman-Review are a part of the community. They live here. They work here. They care. You can help keep local journalism strong right now with your contribution. Thank you.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.