A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Pints Alehouse showcases several sours by Portland's acclaimed Cascade Brewing through Saturday, including Kentucky Peach, cherry/apricot Manhattan, Blackcap Raspberry, Figaro, cherry Sang Royal, grape Vitas Noble and Apricot; all are available as samplers or full pours.
– River City switches from its previous "garage parties" to a shortened "happy hour" from 4 to 7 for this month's First Friday, with $3 pints including a firkin of Experience Pale on Mandarina Bavaria and Ekuanot hops.
– Beers from Iron Goat, Post Falls Brewing and Twelve String will be featured for $3 per pint during the Summer Kickoff Party from 5 to 8 at The Local Deli in Hayden, along with live music.
– Green Bluff's 238 Brewing reopens for the season, Fridays and Saturdays from noon to 6.
– Little Spokane's Cucumber Cream Ale is back on tap at The Steel Barrel.
– Hopped Up's sixth annual car show runs from 1 to 5, with food from Big Rod's Texas BBQ.
– A craft beer festival at Fairchild Air Force Base's Miller Park from 2 to 6 will include offerings from Bellwether, Big Barn, Black Label, Iron Goat, Orlison, Paradise Creek, Selkirk Abbey, Twelve String, V Twin, Waddell's and Young Buck, along with local ciders and kombucha. Admission is $10, which includes a souvenir glass and four 6-ounce samples (extras $2 each); there also will be food trucks and games for kids.
– The Viking will serve $4 pints of Lost Coast's tangerine, strawberry and watermelon wheat beers, Great White and Indica IPA for its luau starting at 3, along with island-style food, games and coconut rum drink specials.
Local journalism is essential.
The journalists of The Spokesman-Review are a part of the community. They live here. They work here. They care. You can help keep local journalism strong right now with your contribution. Thank you.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.