Gonzaga University announced the Opportunity Northeast initiative last week, two years after the school embarked on a listening tour to learn about issues and perceptions from the people who live and work in northeast Spokane. The initiative will build upon existing programs to focus on unmet educational, health and safety needs.
UPDATED: 9:23 p.m.
UPDATED: 11:10 p.m.
Police, officials failed to heed repeated alerts about Lauren McCluskey’s eventual killer, lawsuit says
Most read right now
- Spokane County considers legal action against man with active helipad in backyard
- Gonzaga rewind: Filip Petrusev’s offense gets rave reviews
- Visiting the dinosaurs: Museum has a huge collection of fossils, plus exhibits on more recent Montana history
- ‘As for what we need?’ Housing, services and support, say those experiencing homelessness in Spokane
- Tabitha Peterson takes aggressive approach to dethrone Jamie Sinclair in women’s title match of USA Curling Championships
Yesterday’s top stories
- Recap and highlights: No. 2 Gonzaga rides strong second half to win over Pepperdine
- Odessa’s Ryan Moffet has state scoring record – and state title – in his sights
- Former Spokane County Treasurer Rob Chase files as Republican to challenge Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers
- Kitty Cantina secures location, plans April opening
- Gonzaga driven to finish regular season strong to secure best NCAA Tournament scenario
Top stories from the SR and around the world
Sun., Feb. 16, 2020
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 16, 2020
Visiting the dinosaurs: Museum has a huge collection of fossils, plus exhibits on more recent Montana history
Sat., Feb. 15, 2020