New U.S. Sen. Jim Risch got a prominent mention in the Roll Call newspaper’s “Heard on the Hill” column this week, headed “A for Effort,” which noted, “Looks like the new guy’s an over-achiever. HOH spies have noticed Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho, spending a lot of time on the chamber’s floor, apparently toiling away at his desk.” The column said Risch has been at his desk in the chambers even when there’s nothing much happening, but for “whichever senator happens to be yapping away for the C-SPAN cameras.” The explanation? “One part apple-shining and one part necessity,” the column said/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise. More here.
- Was that why all the sirens?
- Cameron: Apologies accepted
- Lawmakers troll for more savings
- Agencies told to halt spending
- Lawmakers say guv 'over-optimistic'