In this postcard reproduction from the 1970s, OrangeTV/Remember The Roxy provides newbies -- and anyone who arrived after the mid-1980s -- with an idea re: the activity that surrounded Bob Templin's old North Shore Motor Hotel. If you look closely, the old structure comprises the lower 6 or 7 floors of the Coeur d'Alene Resort, which replaced the North Shore after Duane Hagadone and Jerry Jaeger grabbed the hospitality industry from Templin in a hostile takeover. OrangeTV has posted a new series of old photos on his Roxy Web site.
- Sweet 17/A Butterfly Moment
- This is bull/Dogwalk Musings
- Smiles are contagious/Marmitetoasty
- Why Palin matters/Wayward Episcopalian
- More below
Question: What is your best memory from the old North Shore?
- Too many letters, too little thinking/Arch Druid
- A bad day of fishing is better than .../Simple Mind
- A good weekend was had by me/JeanC's Cat House & Shooting Gallery
- 3BT: Breakfast truth, golf benefits, melodrama hilarity/Kellogg Bloggin'
- Date night/Live, Love, Laugh, Hope
- Caritas in veritate/Shoshone Conservative
- At the horse show/Slight Detour
HBO Numbers (for week of July 5-11): 48,384/27,707