Huckleberries hears … that things aren’t sunshine & lollipops among the Kootenai County Republican Women as they prepare for Women in Red fundraiser featuring controversial Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio Monday night. Seems the congressional GOP primary between winner Raul Labrador and Vaughn Ward, now a Post Falls hospital CEO, has busted the group in two, with many – most? – hostile toward Labrador. According to my sources, Labrador didn’t help matters with the feuding Elephants by going directly to Arpaio’s PR machine in an attempt to get face time for a possible endorsement with Arpaio during his Lake City visit. Labrador, as is, will be allowed to join other political candidates for an event to mingle with Arpaio. Not meet privately. Ward supporters are also miffed that Labrador was taking part in a major fundraiser on Thursday in Puerto Rico, where his half-brother is an influential man/DFO, Huckleberries. More here.
- Boise: Pastor says CdA area needs independent thinker/Betsy Russell
- Restaurant review: Daanen's Deli/Patrick Jacobs
- Business: New restaurant cooks up home-grown Italian recipes/Nils Rosdahl
- Weather: Region catching up with dog days of fall/Michelle Boss
- Education: Young artists get sculpture less/Rainey Coffin
Question: Do you plan to hear controversial Sheriff Joe Arpiao of Arizona at the Coeur d'Alene Resort tonight?