Beginning Saturday, June 11, Honeysuckle Beach will be open for business. Lifeguards will be on duty seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. This is tentative depending on weather and beach conditions. As a reminder, fees are in effect for launching boats at the Honeysuckle Beach boat launch. The fees are required from Memorial Day to Labor Day and are as follows:
- $6/City of Hayden Residents
- $8/City of Hayden Nonresidents
- $15/Water Sports Commercial Activity
Season Passes (Sold @ Hayden City Hall)
- $30/City of Hayden Residents
- $60/City of Hayden Nonresidents
- $150/Water Sports Commercial Activity
DFO: In the late 1980s or early 1990s, then Scenic Bay Marina owner Wally Wright challenged Kootenai County commissioners who wanted to charge out-of-county boaters more for a boat sticker than local boaters. Wright prevailed. The unequal fees were ruled unconstitutional.
Question: Should the city of Hayden adopt unequal fees for launches on Hayden Lake?