House Education Chairman Bob Nonini told Sherri Wood, president of the IEA, “Although my name doesn't appear on these bills as a sponsor, I have been very supportive since the superintendent and the governor have shared these bills. … I am supportive of these bills, and I have listened to the public testimony and yes it's very touching.” He said he was speaking only for himself, not for his committee. “I think it wouldn't be any different than if my name was on here from the get-go as a sponsor. I have been supportive of this process from the get-go”/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise. More here.
- Going through second bill
- Administrators: 'It's time to slow down'
- PTA: 'Negative impact to our children'
- Wood: 'A cruel joke on teachers'
- More questions: 'Bizarre' insurance provision, 'double funding'
- Reps question Luna assistant re: SB 1108
- House Ed opens hearing in smaller room
Question: Anyone surprised that Nonini supported Tom Luna's plans to transform Idaho public education into Third World caliber from the get-go?