Pecky Cox of As The Lake Churns blog is shown with actor-commenter Ben Stein at her recent 50th birthday party at Hill's Resort at Priest Lake.
Top Blog Post: We’ve always danced around the issue of how our children should address our adult friends. Of course I’d prefer the kids use a formal title, like “Mrs. Rowling,” but at some point when we weren’t paying attention our friends’ kids started calling us by our first names. So I confused my kids by saying they should call certain adults by their first name because their kids do that to us. And, well, it’s all a big mess now, and the issue has been ignored rather than fixed. I could just insist on my kids always being polite and formal with everyone over the age of 18, but that might put them far out of step with society/Idaho Dad, A Family Runs Through It. More here.
- School's back already?/A Butterfly Moment
- Labor Day weekend/Bay Views
- Nicole's 'I lovingly hate you' chicken & sauce/Blush Response
- SR staffers take buyout/Community Comment
- Morality can't be legislated/Dogwalk Musings
- How do you end up with your pets?/From A Simple Mind
- God's handiwork in Cedar Grove/Gathering Around the Table
- This bites!/Nuts & Nonsense
- Tuesday Tractordeedum/Slight Detour
- Bob's BBQ Burgers & beer/Stebbijo's Place
- Loose pebbles/Tumblewords
Hucks Online numbers (for week of Aug. 28 to Sept. 3): 44,432 page-views/27,517 unique views
Question: How do/did your children address grownups?