Via Twitter, Anusha Roy of KXLY provides this photo of resident of a Coeur d'Alene apartment complex, Ramsey & Kathleen, waiting to get back into their homes after being ordered out of them early this morning by a SWAT team.
Coeur d’Alene Police officers are staged in the 3800 block of Ramsey Rd. for a possible weapons offense. Officers have contacted residents in the apartment complex and asked them to evacuate. If residents choose to stay in their apartment then they are asked to keep the door and windows locked until this police action is resolved. Area businesses and daycares have been notified to lock down. Air One is circling the area as a precaution. The Coeur d’Alene Police Department shares a partnership with Spokane County Sheriff’s Department for services of Air One. A Coeur d’Alene Police Officer is assigned to that team. No further information is being released at this time. Updates will be provided as soon as possible/Sgt. Christie Wood, Coeur d'Alene Police Department news release.
- 11:48 a.m. Possible DUI driver of white car w/black top exits e/b I-90 @ Sherman/CdA.
- 11:45 a.m. Hispanic male & African-American male are fighting @ City Park/CdA.
- 11:32 a.m. R/P in 1600 block of Front Avenue/CdA reports vandalism to property
- 11:25 a.m. From Coeur d'Alene Press Online: "The police are tracking a suspect for a "possible weapons offense" and limited details are available at this time. The individual may have a "long rifle." Short story & photo here.
- 10 more items below
- 11:13 a.m. Father & son reportedly in physical domestic in 2000 block of Daly/CdA. Female injured trying to separate them reports shoulder & chest pain.
- 11:09 a.m. CPD officers/SWAT team are interested in man in blue plaid shirt who walked into home on Oakcrest Trailer Park who keeps reaching into waist band. (Update: Man checks out OK)
- 11:03 a.m. Texaco gas station on E. Sherman refuses to serve stumbling drunk driver.
- 10:52 a.m. Sgt. Wood tells HucksOnline that there's no update on Ramsey Road police action.
- 10:49 a.m. Jiffy Mart, 201 W. Appleway/CdA, reports panhandler on premises.
- 10:46 a.m. ITD asks for extra patrol in bridge construction area on H2 @ M/P 69 (Moyie River Road).
- 10:41 a.m. CPD officers are interested in stocky man on Centennial Trail near Kathleen.
- 8:50 a.m. Business rep @ 1124 E. Sherman/CdA reports unwanted transient on premises.
- 8:41 a.m. R/P reports 2 signs w/different speed limits along H95 construction zone.
- 8:21 a.m. A runaway juvenile has been located in 6600 block of Spurwing Loop/CdA.