Huckleberries has just received the list of candidates who have filed for Kootenai County office this spring. No Democrats filed. At the last minute, Republican Donald Gary filed to run against Prosecutor Barry McHugh in the county GOP primary. Ten Republicans are running for the two Kootenai County commissioner posts, including the two incumbents. Three Republicans and three Independents are running for sheriff. No addresses or cities of residence were provided by the Kootenai County Clerk's Office. Here's the list of candidates:
- Commissioner District 1 (2-year term): Republicans (incumbent) Todd Tondee, Gerald Arno, Marc Eberlein, Bruce Noble, Tim Herzog, Steven Peter Benner and Greg Wells.
- Commissioner District 3 (4-year term): Republicans (incumbent) Dan Green, Vic Holmes and Larry Spencer.
- Sheriff: Republicans Ben Wolfinger, Keith Hutcheson and John Green; and Independents Joe Bodman, Tom Dickson and Bob Foster.
- Prosecutor: Republicans (incumbent) Barry McHugh and Donald Gary. No Democrats or Independents have filed.
- Complete list of candidates from Kootenai County Election Department
Also: You can find candidates in Kootenai County GOP Central Committee precinct races here