In an editorial for the Moscow-Pullman Daily News, Lee Rozen comments re: the strange response to a kitchen fire at the Pullman Islamic Center:
This may be what terrorism is all about. On Sunday, there was a fire in the kitchen at the Pullman Islamic Center after someone left potatoes on the stove too long. No, not that. The response to the fire may be, though. The alarm went out that there was a fire at the mosque in Pullman. So, both Pullman Fire Department and Fire District 12 responded. Police blocked off Stadium Way. The Daily News and local radio news reported it. Our Facebook entry at 4:37 p.m. said: "BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Pullman mosque shuts down Stadium Way Police and fire crews have blocked off Stadium Way in Pullman as they work to get a fire at the Pullman Islamic Center under control. More details will be made available as they come in." More here.