I have several reasons for voting in almost every election. Civic duty. I enjoy going to the polls. I want to have a voice in the process. I don't want any self-styled muckrakers out there pulling up the election sheets and letting the world know that I didn't vote. Someone did just that, checking the voting records for the 5 City Council candidates and yours truly. I passed with flying colors, voting 7 times in the city, school board and public safety elections since March 12, 2013. All the council candidates voted in almost ever election with one exception. Also, Toby Schindelbeck, Ron Edinger & Steve Adams registered as Republicans (although Edinger was unaffiliated in 2013). Democrat Dan English registered as a Republican to vote in the 2014 GOPrimary & Bruce MacNeil was unaffiliated in the 2014 primary and didn't vote. (You can see in which elections the 5 City Council candidates voted since spring 2013 here.)
- March 2013 Coeur d'Alene school levy -- Ron Edinger, Steve Adams & Bruce MacNeil voted (Toby Schindelbeck was living in California & Dan English wasn't living in Coeur d'Alene)
- May 2013 school trustee/hospital elections -- All voted but Schindelbeck.
- November 2013 City Council -- All voted.
- May primaries 2014 -- All voted but MacNeil (who was unaffiliated) voted (Schindelbeck ran unsuccessfully for a Coeur d'Alene legislatve seat against Rep. Luke Malek).
- General Election 2014 -- All voted.
- March 10, 2015, Coeur d'Alene school bond -- All voted but Schindelbeck.
- May 19, 2015, Coeur d'Alene public safety vote -- All voted but Schindelbeck.
- May 19, 2015, Coeur d'Alene school trustee -- All voted but Schindelbeck (who had no trustee race in his zone).
- May 2015 highway district -- All voted but Schindelbeck.
I emailed Schindelbeck re: the missing votes. He responded: "My dad was dying of cancer so I was taking care of him and had more important things to do. Thanks for your concern."