FISHING -- Saturday is opening day of the Washington lowland lakes fishing season, which means trout for dinner this weekend!
Jeff Mayor of the Tacoma News-Tribune offered these five tips from his experiences with opening day:
- Pack your patience. If someone is struggling to get their boat into the water at the ramp, don’t wail on the horn. It will only make the other person more anxious. Dads, if you’re planning to take your kids with you for the first time, be patient with them.
- Pack your life jackets, plus extra clothes. The water is still very cold.
- Be sure to have a curent fishing license.
- Be sure your gear is ready. There’s nothing worse than getting on the water, only to realize your fishing line is frayed, you’ve left the Power Bait in the garage or the boat plug is no where to be found.
- Have fun. Isn’t that the main reason we’re out there?