ADVENTURE RACING -- Here's the skinny on the upcoming Expedition Idaho adventure race based out of Silver Mountain Resort.
Indeed,the race will finish on the mountain at the start of the Blues and Brew Fest.
If you're not up to entering -- join the club! -- the organizers are looking for more volunteers to staff remote checkpoints and form search and rescue groups, etc. Call organizer Dave Adlard, 208-664-0135.
- Begins Aug. 14 and ends Aug. 20 at Silver Mountain Resort.
- More than 30 four-person co-ed teams must stay together.
- Teams navigate to checkpoints on uncharted course covering roughly 400 miles in six days.
- Travel includes mountain biking, rafting, paddling, trekking, orienteering, running, climbing, plus surprises.
- Team travel more than 20 hours a day and sleep – rarely.
- Entry fee is $4,000 per team competing for a purse of around $40,000 in cash and prizes.