FLY FISHING -- The fifth annual Red's Rendezvous is stacking up to be a major fly fishing event that's attracting anglers from far and wide for clinics, competition and participation.
Here's a summary of what's going on outdoors at the Rendezvous:
- Pacific Northwest Fly Casting Championship, with proceeds going to the Yakima Kid's Fish-in Event.
- Dry Line and Dry Fly Steelhead Fishing with Spey Rods by Brian Silvey.
- Switch Rod Casting Seminar by George Cook.
- Guide Style Nymph Fishing Strategies by the Reds Fly Shop Staff.
- Steelhead Fishing for NEWBIES by Steve Joyce.
- European Style Nymph Fishing -- on the river -- by Russell Miller of Team USA Fly Fishing.
- Learn to Double Haul Fly Cast by the Reds Fly Shop Staff.
Plus raffles for top-flight Sage rods, Putt-Putt fly casting challenges for prizes, a Youth BB Gun Shooting Range and horseback trips.
INDOORS SESSIONS include:
- IF4 Fly Fishing Film Festival showing at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Fly Tying - All Day!
- Upper Missouri:The Land of Giants! by Mike Agee.
- The Fly Fishing Mecca... Sounds Like Christmas Island by Jon Covich.
- Ascension Bay Flats Fishing by Joe Rotter.
- Strategies for DIY anglers Fishing for Big Trout on Eastern Washington Lakes by George Cook.
- Support The Yakima Canyon Scenic Byway.