WINTERSPORTS -- The Methow Valley has good news for cross-country skiers champing at the bit to get onto groomed trails.
While Mount Spokane nordic trails area still begging for a base, Methow Trails had enough early season snowfall to open trails for skiing, snowshoeing and fat-tire biking starting on Thanksgiving with a 17-inch base in some areas.
In case you're new to the region's nordic scene, Methow Trails is North America’s largest cross-country ski area with some world-class attractions:
- More than 120 miles of trails groomed to the highest standards.
- Youth's age 17 and under ski free every day! Adult nordic skiing tickets range from $22 a day with discounts for multiple days.
- Selected trails open to fat biking, dog-running and snowshoeing.
- Instruction and rentals readily available in the Winthrop area.
- Accommodations around the valley ranging from elegant lodges to rustic ski-in huts.
- Daily online grooming reports with real time GPS trail updates (get a free app) or call (509) 996-3860.
- A full schedule of events and activities for nordic skiers (including biathlon) as well as winter activities like ice skating, alpine skiing and sledding.