WILDFIRES -- Following are Washington's Top 10 Wildfires or complexes of fires as updated so far today on the Washington InciWeb page:
- Okanogan Complex (Omak area north toward Tonasket), 304,782 acres -- Largest fire group on record in Washington.
- North Star, (Nespelem north toward Republic) 200,593 acres -- Second largest fire on record in Washington.
- Chelan Complex (Chelan, Columbia River and northwest), 93,079 acres
- Grizzly Bear Complex (Wenaha-Tucannon Wilderness and other Blue Mountains areas), 74,070 acres
- Kettle Complex (Boyds north to Orient west of US 395; Graves Mountain Fire to be added to this complex Aug. 31), 66,084 acres
- Wolverine Fire (Glacier Peak Wilderness-Lake Chelan), 64,940 acres
- Carpenter Road Fire (Spokane Indian Reservation-Stevens County), 59,658 acres
- Cougar Creek Fire (Mount Adams), 54,000 acres
- Tower Fire (northeast of Cusick between Pend Oreille River and Priest Lake), 19,928 acres
- Colville Complex (Graves Mountain Fire to be moved into Kettle Complex management Aug. 31 as other Colville fires become contained), 11,522 acres
For mapping updates, see the Wildfire Activity Web Map.
- See links to updates on all Washington fires here.
- See links to updates on all Idaho fires here.
- See links to updates on all Montana fires here.