WINTERSPORTS -- A free snowmobile safety course for youths ages 12-16 will be held at the 35th Annual Snow & ATV Swap Meet sponsored by the Spokane Winter Knights snowmobile club on Nov. 14 at the Spokane County Fair & Expo Center.
The snowmobile safety course training includes:
- Basic snowmobile maintenance.
- Survival skills and dealing with emergencies, including an avalanche awareness presentation by representatives of the Northwest Avalanche Center.
- The proper clothing and protection from winter weather.
- Hand signals while riding and other basic riding skills.
- Properly preparing for a ride.
The class is co-sponsored by the Chelan County Sheriff’s Department in cooperation with the State Parks Winter Recreation Program.