PUBLIC LANDS -- Flooding has prompted temporary closures of several roads and campgrounds on state wildlife areas in Okanogan County, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife reports.
Areas closed to motor vehicles to protect public safety and prevent further damage are posted with signs and will remain closed until conditions improve, said Justin Haug, WDFW Sinlahekin Wildlife Area manager. More rain is expected in the area this week, he said, so the closures are in effect indefinitely.
Sinlahekin Wildlife Area closed areas include:
- Sinlahekin Road from Reflection Pond to Blue Lake
- Fish Lake West and Southwest Campground
- Sinlahekin Creek Campground
- Southeast Forde Lake Campground
- Reflection Pond Campground
- Conners Lake Campground
Methow Wildlife Area access is limited to Beaver Creek Campground and Campbell Lake. Only the route via Lester Road is open. Also watch for warnings and closures at:
- Bear Creek #2 (also known as Lower Bear Creek) Campground
- Cougar Lake Campground
Scotch Creek Wildlife Area closures include:
- Hess Lake Road
- Parking lot for the Coulee Creek Trailhead