Auto thieves had easy pickings this week in Spokane.
Police say five vehicles that were left idling and unattended have been stolen this week alone, and urged motorists to resist the temptation to start their cars and trucks to let them warm up without anyone in them.
Moreover, leaving an automobile idling unattended is illegal and can result in a $124 fine, according to the Spokane Police Department.
Here's a list of idling vehicles police say were stolen in Spokane this week:
- 2-09-14 at 6:00 am at 6000 N. Alberta.
- 2-10-14 at 7:00 am at 2200 N. Dakota. The vehicle was recovered on 2-10-14 at 2400 N. Cincinnati.
- 2-11-14 at 8:30 am at 6400 N. Sutherlin. The vehicle was recovered on 2-11-14 near the intersection of Walnut/Garland.
- 2-11-14 at 7:00 am at 600 E. Mission. The vehicle was recovered on 2-12-14 near the intersection of Sutherlin/Taft.
- 2-13-14 at 7:30 am at 3100 E. Indiana. The vehicle was recovered on 2-13-14 near the intersection of Regal/Upriver.