1. I do not project a look that makes me seem receptive to such entreaties
2. Boone's Farm? Uh, excuse me. This is 2017.
3. They suspect I would snort and say, "Yeah, sure, McLovin."
4. They fear I would first want to regale them with a "Why, when I was your age..." story. (Actually, when I was their age the legal age for purchasing alcohol was 18 where I lived, which meant just about anyone could obtain spirits if you knew where to go.)
5. They see me and assume "That guy was never young once."
6. They somehow know I would first require them to sign a bunch of waivers.
7. They suspect I will say "If you can't go with a nice pinot, don't even talk to me."
8. They suspect I will say, "Boone's Farm will not make girls like you."
9. I tend to be a homebody and seldom go to the store at night.
10. I look like a guy who knows what they are thinking about my granddaughter and so they think better of it and don't utter a word.