1. They've never lived someplace where it gets really hot and stays hot.
2. They HAVE lived someplace that gets really hot and, against all odds, they miss it.
3. They lived somewhere 30 years ago where it gets really cold and they are still trying to warm up.
4. The belief that Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses are the same as having an interesting personality.
5. They believe all of Spokane longs to see more of their skin exposed.
6. Water recreation is their creed.
7. Certain people on local TV news seem to be gaga about it and since they're such effing geniuses it must be true.
8. Convertibles and swimming pools.
9. Little known fact: Some Spokane residents are part lizard.
10. Much of Spokane's population would actually be happier in southern California. Well, for a little while.
11. They think hot weather is sexy (in a "Streetcar Named Desire" or "Body Heat" kind of way).
12. Goes well with Mexican food and drinkable beer.
13. They used to live in Seattle.