From Pullman -- Washington State's long wait is at an end. After 10 years and a presumably nerve-wracking final week, the Cougars are headed to the New Mexico Bowl ... They'll face the Colorado State Rams, who we take an early look at here ... Tickets can be purchased from the WSU athletic department ... The Seattle Times has a story as well ... As does the Denver Post.
News from around the conference after the jump.
Other Pac-12 teams qualified for bowls as well. Here is a list:
- As expected, Stanford will head to the Rose Bowl.
- Oregon will face Texas in the Alamo Bowl, but not before dealing with an embarrassing distraction off the field.
- Texas Tech and Arizona State will square off in the Holiday Bowl.
- UCLA will have to go through Virginia Tech in the Sun Bowl to get to 10 wins.
- For the second straight year Steve Sarkisian's team will be in the Las Vegas Bowl. This time it's USC.
- Washington will Fight Hunger in San Francisco.
- Arizona will travel all the way to Louisiana for the AdvoCare V100 Bowl.
- Those lucky Beaver somehow snuck their way in to the Hawaii Bowl.
And in basketball news ...
- The Huskies couldn't hold off San Diego State's rally.
- Even with overtime, Oregon's win over Ole Miss was absurdly high-scoring.
- Oregon State's game was rained out.
- USC remained undefeated at home with a win over Boston College.
Bonus Link: In honor of WSU ending its bowl drought, here's a game story from the last time the Cougars went bowling.