The predictable thing about spring and summer is that it's the time of year that treasure-hunters are out in full force. And all that shopping and prepping and months of hard work done by dealers pays off in a big way.
This is the season to bring home the vintage bounty.
Thanks to all the readers and local entrepreneurs who sent notice of their upcoming sales. I’ve added it to the notices I picked up at Farm Chicks last weekend. Here’s the list so far. Feel free to add your event to the Spokesman-Review Treasure Hunting schedule because I’ll be updating it often.
- June 19 - Boutiques and Blooms Inland Empire Gardener’s Club Spokane Bloom Tour , 9a.m - 4:30p.m., 3225 W. 7th Ave., Spokane, WA
- June 26 - Warehouse Antique Annex 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. 524 Church Street, Sandpoint, Idaho
- June 26th - Today's Country Store 11th Annual Tag Sale, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., 1008 Main Street, Sumner, WA. For more information go to todayscountrystore.typepad.com or call 253-826-6646
- June 26, July 24, Aug. 21, Sept. 18, Oct. 16 & Nov. 6. - The Queen of Tarte fall sales. Oregon City, Ore. For more info go to queenoftarte.blogspot.com.
- June 26 and Sept. 18. - Petite Retreat’s Vintage Markets. Camano Island, Wash. For more info go to petiteretreat.blogspot.com
- July 10 - The Vintage Barn Antique Show 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 22277 N. Ramsey Road, Rathdrum, Idaho. $4 admission. For more info, go to barnbarnbaby.com.
- July 10,11 - Latah Summer Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. In the parking lot in front of Chaps restaurant at 4241 S. Cheney-Spokane Road, off Highway 195. (509) 624-4182.
- July 10, 11 - Portland Antique Show, Portland Expo Center, Portland, OR. For more info go to www.palmerwirfs.com
- July 31 - Junk-in-the-Country Sale , Coeur d'Alene, ID. (More info to come)
- July 31 - Barnhouse Flea Market, Battle Ground, WA. For more info go to www.BarnhouseBH.com
- Aug. 14 - Clayson Farm Antique Show, 221 Hall Road, Yakima, WA 509.949.1341 For more info go to claysonfarm.blogspot.com
- August 14 - Harvest Treasures produced by GardenStone Creations, 9 a.m. - 5p.m. 1515 S. Lyons Rd. Airway Heights, WA. For more info call 509-244-0900
- Sept. 4, 5 - Funky Junk Antique Show 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oden Hall Grange, Sandpoint, Idaho. $2 admission. For more info, go to www.funkyjunkshow.blogspot.com.
- Sept 11, 12 - Two Women Barn Bazaar: Spangle, WA south of Spokane off Highway 195.
- Oct. 1, 2 - The Mad Hatter Vintage Market produced by Junebug Furniture & Design: Five Mile Prairie Grange, W3024 Strong Road, Spokane,WA For more info go to junebugfurnitureanddesign.blogspot.com
- Oct. 14, 15 & 16 - 21st Annual Fall Craft and Antique Show, Northwest Washington Fairgrounds, Lynden, WA. $2 admission. For more info go to www.lyndencraftantiqueshow.com
- Oct. 15, 16 - Palouse Trading Company Fall Market (Formerly the Junior League Fall Market.) Southside Senior Center, Spokane. For more info call 509-979-6201
- Nov. 6 - Vintage Finds and Handmade Treasures Market. 9a.m. - 4 p.m. Nine Mile Falls Elementary School. For more info go to unexpectednecessities.blogspot.com
- 2nd Saturdayz Market of Fine Taste and Curious Treasures. Second Saturday of the month at the Sandpoint Hangers at Warren Magnuson Park, 7400 Sand Point Way Northeast, Seattle, WA 98115. Early bird entry 8am-10am $10. Regular Shopping 10 a.m. - 3p.m. $3
- Fun Junk: Piles of Old Stuff. Fri $ Sat 10 am. - 6 p.m., 3644 Mud Bay Road, Olympia, WA. For more info go to funjunkonline.com