Northwest Offset Printing, a rapidly growing commercial print division of The Spokesman-Review, is currently seeking a full-time Machinist/Millwright to troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems as well as manufacture and rebuild machine parts as required. This position is ideal for an individual who has a strong work ethic, ability to setup and operate manual machine shop equipment to close tolerances (lathes, mills, etc.), and a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics. This position will repair, make, and install parts for all equipment at our printing plant. Must have own tools for repairing and machining equipment. Open position is for SWING and/or NIGHT shift. Wage dependent upon skills and experience. Must be able to work overtime and weekends when required.
Please apply on our careers site: https://careers.spokesman.com
Located in our brand-new facility at 19223 East Euclid Avenue, Spokane Valley, Washington.
What you will do as a Machinist/Millwright:
· Learn functions of, troubleshoot, and repair all printing plant specific equipment.
· Make and install parts for equipment throughout the printing plant.
· Be self-motivated and work independently.
Qualified applicants will be able to:
· Operate basic machine shop tools.
· Work safely on all machining equipment.
· Work unsupervised and with other departments to solve equipment problems.
· Weld, including wire-feed MIG, TIG, Oxyacetylene, and plasma arc .
· Read and interpret blueprints and repair manuals.
· Understand disassembly, parts repair and/or machining/manufacturing, and reassembly of plant equipment.
· Work safely in an environment with exposure to moving parts, electricity, high spaces, high noise levels, wet and/or humid conditions, chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
· Work in an environment where there is frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, or crawling and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on occasional basis.
· Applicants have an associate degree or two years education from a technical school, or five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Spokesman-Review is the largest, most used, and most trusted news and information provider in the Inland Northwest. We strive to produce our customer's printed products in a supportive team environment where we are dedicated to the community we serve and the well-being of our employees.
This is a full-time, hourly position which includes medical, dental, life, matching 401(k) and paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave and much more.