u 2018 Washington General Election, Nov. 6
Top races to watch
*Green represents leader
|Mary Kuney (R)||62.47%|
|Rob Chase (R)||37.53%|
|Al French (R)||56.65%|
|Robbi Katherine Anthony (D)||43.35%|
|Mike Volz (R)||53.45%|
|Kay Murano (D)||46.55%|
|Jenny Graham (R)||50.49%|
|Dave Wilson (D)||49.51%|
Top measures to watch
|Prefer Joe Albi Stadium location||64.31%|
|Prefer location near Spokane Arena||35.69%|
Both women vying to represent Eastern Washington in Congress touted their campaigns’ enthusiasm this week, with Lisa Brown crossing a fundraising threshold only two of her Democratic predecessors have matched in recent years and Cathy McMorris Rodgers claiming record crowds at her campaign kickoff events in the district.
The northwest Spokane resident said she was inspired to run after working with Reps. John Ahern and Jeff Holy on state legislation that extended the statute of limitations for victims of child sexual abuse to report their trauma.
Democrats in the 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 9th Legislative Districts are invited to attend the party’s biennial legislative district caucus and convention Saturday morning in the gym of Cheney Middle School.
A trio of Democrats has filed for office in the state’s 6th Legislative district, which encompasses much of the West Plains. They’re spurred by Demcoratic victories in early contests and what appears to be a contested Congressional race in Eastern Washington, as well as a somewhat open field following the announced departure of Sen. Michael Baumgartner.
Jered Bonneau has been homeless, rallied for the Bundy family in their standoff with federal officials and will now run under the GOP banner for Eastern Washington’s congressional seat. “I think that we have a very politically stagnant district,” the 31-year-old mental health technician at Eastern State Hospital said in an interview Tuesday, a little less than two weeks after filing to unseat Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers. “Cathy’s not a bad person. She’s actually a pretty good person. A lot of people like her, she’s very personable. But there’s just this stagnant political feel about what’s going on right now.”
Both Lisa Brown and Cathy McMorris Rodgers support bans on bump stocks, but some of their positions on other gun issues are significantly different.
Stevens County GOP, amid criticism from Democrats, pulls gun auction from event featuring Cathy McMorris Rodgers
The Stevens County Republican Party halted plans to raffle a semiautomatic rifle at an event where Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers was scheduled to speak next month after outcry from her Democratic opponent.
A poll commissioned by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has Lisa Brown running neck-and-neck with Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers in the race for Eastern Washington’s seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. McMorris Rodgers’ campaign team called the results “bogus” and noted they were reported by a Democratic source.
Voters approved every measure on the ballot in Spokane County in Tuesday’s election. Every levy by school districts with at least 100 voters in Spokane County passed with at least 59 percent support.
Where they stand: Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Lisa Brown split on the wall, refugees and family migration
As the fate of roughly 700,000 children of undocumented immigrants living in America is debated on Capitol Hill, prompting the closure of the federal government last month, the two candidates for Eastern Washington’s seat in Congress offer up their views on immigration policy.
- U.S. Senate
- Washington Supreme Court, Position 8
- U.S. Representative
- 9th District Representative, Position 2
- 9th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Representative, Position 2
- 7th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Senate
- 4th District Representative, Position 2
- 4th District Representative, Position 1
- 3rd District Representative, Position 2
- 3rd District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative Senate
- 6th District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative, Position 2
- Spokane County District Court, Position 1
- Spokane County Treasurer
- Spokane County Sheriff
- Spokane County Clerk
- Spokane County Assessor
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 3
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 2
- Spokane County Superior Court Judge, position 10
- Spokane Public Schools Proposition 1
- Spokane Library Bond, Proposition 1
- Spokane Stadium Advisory Vote
- East Valley School District Proposition 1
- Advisory Vote 19
- Initiative 1631, Carbon fee
- Initiative 1634, Grocery taxes
- Initiative 1639, Guns
- Initiative 940, Deadly force
- Town of Spangle Proposition 1 - fire levy
- Town of Rockford Proposition 1 - fire levy
- Town of Spangle Proposition 2 - police levy
- Candidate forum for 6th District House with Mike Volz and Kay Murano
- Candidate forum for 6th District House with Jessa Lewis and Jeff Holy
- Spokane County Commissioner Al French and Robbi Katherine Anthony speak with Jonathan Brunt and Amy Edelen
- At the Fair: State House candidates Jenny Graham and Dave Wilson speak with Government Editor Jonathan Brunt
- At the Fair: County treasurer candidates Michael Baumgartner and David Green with reporter Amy Edelen and editor Jonathan Brunt
- At the Fair: County commissioner candidates Rob Chase and Mary Kuney with reporter Amy Edelen and editor Jonathan Brunt
- Michelle Szambelan and Dennis Cronin talk with Public Safety Reporter Jonathan Glover and Assistant City Editor Nathanael Massey
- Spokane County clerk candidates Timothy Fitzgerald and Michael Kirk speak with Spokane County reporter Amy Edelen and Politics reporter
- Leonard Christian and Tom Konis speak with Spokane County reporter Amy Edelen and Government Editor Jonathan Brunt
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.