u 2018 Washington General Election, Nov. 6
Top races to watch
*Green represents leader
|Mary Kuney (R)||62.47%|
|Rob Chase (R)||37.53%|
|Al French (R)||56.65%|
|Robbi Katherine Anthony (D)||43.35%|
|Mike Volz (R)||53.45%|
|Kay Murano (D)||46.55%|
|Jenny Graham (R)||50.49%|
|Dave Wilson (D)||49.51%|
Top measures to watch
|Prefer Joe Albi Stadium location||64.31%|
|Prefer location near Spokane Arena||35.69%|
Both camps are claiming unprecedented interest and donations in the race to represent Eastern Washington in Congress. The contest between the House of Representatives’ fourth-ranking Republican and the former Democratic leader of the Washington Senate has already drawn interest nationwide.
The candidate cited intense interest and big money as his reasons for dropping a long-shot bid to contest the seat Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers has held since 2005.
While it’s intended to be a celebration and remembrance for the late reverend, Spokane’s Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Rally and March quickly turned political when two candidates vying for a seat in the House of Representatives took the stage
The Congressional Leadership Fund has selected Eastern Washington as one of 27 sites for field offices, intended to drum up support for Republicans ahead of the 2018 midterms. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers is the highest-profile Republican to date who will receive support from the group, which has promised to spend $100 million in this campaign cycle to maintain the party’s control of both houses of Congress.
The fourth-ranking Republican in the House of Representatives continues her pitch for the tax plan, which she says will put more money in the wallets of Americans. Democrats remain wary, and independent analysis of the plan indicates soaring deficits that could trigger automatic spending cuts if Congress doesn’t act quickly after passing the bill, which is expected this week.
Voters in the West Valley School District will decide the fate of two tax proposals in February.
Elway Poll shows some deep divides in Washington by geography and party.
Spokane Public Schools will ask voters to approve a new, cheaper maintenance and operation levy in February’s special election.
The Washington State University alumnus will turn his attention to state-level politics, as Brown ramps up a run to unseat Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers next year with the backing of national political strategists.
McMorris Rodgers’ seat in Congress targeted by national Democrats emboldened by recent electoral wins
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee added Washington’s 5th district to its list of 91 contests nationwide it believes are winnable to take back control of the House of Representatives. The designation doesn’t necessarily mean national Democrats will start spending money in the district, but signifies renewed interest from the left in a seat that has been occupied by a Republican since 1994.
- U.S. Senate
- Washington Supreme Court, Position 8
- U.S. Representative
- 9th District Representative, Position 2
- 9th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Representative, Position 2
- 7th District Representative, Position 1
- 7th District Senate
- 4th District Representative, Position 2
- 4th District Representative, Position 1
- 3rd District Representative, Position 2
- 3rd District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative Senate
- 6th District Representative, Position 1
- 6th District Representative, Position 2
- Spokane County District Court, Position 1
- Spokane County Treasurer
- Spokane County Sheriff
- Spokane County Clerk
- Spokane County Assessor
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 3
- Spokane County Commissioner, District 2
- Spokane County Superior Court Judge, position 10
- Spokane Public Schools Proposition 1
- Spokane Library Bond, Proposition 1
- Spokane Stadium Advisory Vote
- East Valley School District Proposition 1
- Advisory Vote 19
- Initiative 1631, Carbon fee
- Initiative 1634, Grocery taxes
- Initiative 1639, Guns
- Initiative 940, Deadly force
- Town of Spangle Proposition 1 - fire levy
- Town of Rockford Proposition 1 - fire levy
- Town of Spangle Proposition 2 - police levy
- Candidate forum for 6th District House with Mike Volz and Kay Murano
- Candidate forum for 6th District House with Jessa Lewis and Jeff Holy
- Spokane County Commissioner Al French and Robbi Katherine Anthony speak with Jonathan Brunt and Amy Edelen
- At the Fair: State House candidates Jenny Graham and Dave Wilson speak with Government Editor Jonathan Brunt
- At the Fair: County treasurer candidates Michael Baumgartner and David Green with reporter Amy Edelen and editor Jonathan Brunt
- At the Fair: County commissioner candidates Rob Chase and Mary Kuney with reporter Amy Edelen and editor Jonathan Brunt
- Michelle Szambelan and Dennis Cronin talk with Public Safety Reporter Jonathan Glover and Assistant City Editor Nathanael Massey
- Spokane County clerk candidates Timothy Fitzgerald and Michael Kirk speak with Spokane County reporter Amy Edelen and Politics reporter
- Leonard Christian and Tom Konis speak with Spokane County reporter Amy Edelen and Government Editor Jonathan Brunt
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.