u 2019 Washington Primary Election, Aug. 6
Tim Eyman’s latest anti-tax ballot measure is either a Robin Hood-like gesture for the people of Washington or a disastrous gambit that will kill the state’s necessary transportation projects. It just depends who you ask.
The proposal is intended to bring more transparency to talks between City Hall and public employees, including clerical and maintenance workers, firefighters and police. The initiative is sponsored by Better Spokane, a pro-business nonprofit that is headed by City Council candidate Michael Cathcart.
Sponsor Michael Cathcart said the measure is intended to make sure the city remains competitive in business recruitment.
Spokane Valley City Council Candidates Bo Tucker and Tim Hattenburg both hope to encourage growth, but disagree on whether the city needs to look at inclusion and diversity in the future.
Contrary to his style on the dais during council meetings, Ben Stuckart has largely shrugged off or declined to respond to attacks from opponent Nadine Woodward as the two vie to become Spokane’s next mayor.
A dozen advisory votes are on the November ballot.
‘It’s about The Big One’: Amendment would give state Legislature broad powers in case of catastrophe
Constitutional amendment would expand legislative powers in catastrophic incidents.
Differences exposed as Spokane City Council, school board candidates debate at Northwest Passages forum
Beer flowed cold and questions came in hot as voters got to know Spokane City Council and Spokane school boardcandidates during rapid-fire, 17-minute sessions at the first of two Northwest Passages’ Pints and Politics forums Thursday night.
Tickets still available for tonight’s Spokane City Council and school board candidate forum sponsored by Northwest Passages
Washington voters will receive their ballots in less than three weeks.
The race for Liberty Lake City Council position 1 doesn’t have an incumbent after Councilman Bob Moore abandoned the seat in favor of running for the seat vacated by Shane Brickner, who is running for mayor against incumbent Steve Peterson. The race has attracted two political newcomers, retired state of California employee Dg Garcia and homebuilder Phil Folyer.
- Spokane mayor
- Fairfield Town Council
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council president
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Nine Mile Falls School Board
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Valley Fire Department Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1
Public School District
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.