u 2019 Washington Primary Election, Aug. 6
The wife of a deceased man whose body was used for emergency intubation training has filed a lawsuit against a Washington city.
For the first time in 119 years, the Washington State Fair has installed metal detectors and mandatory bag checks to secure the Puyallup fairgrounds.
Al Haynes, a pilot credited for saving the lives of nearly 200 people by guiding a damaged passenger jet into a crash landing at an Iowa airport in 1989, has died.
Capital One hacking suspect, a transgender Seattle woman, is denied request to be moved from men’s prison
Paige Thompson, accused in one of the largest data breaches in the country and a transgender woman, will remain in custody in the men’s wing of the Federal Detention Center in SeaTac, a federal judge ruled on Friday.
The Trump administration is opposing Washington state’s effort to make a privately run, for-profit immigration detention center pay detainees minimum wage for the work they do.
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, who made fighting climate change the central theme of his presidential campaign, announced Wednesday night that he is ending his bid for the 2020 Democratic nomination. But the end of his presidential bid looks like it will be the beginning of another: Inslee’s run for a third term as governor. The Associated Press reported Wednesday night that two people close to Inslee said he will run for governor again in 2020 and will announce his plan in a Thursday morning email to supporters.
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has surpassed a milestone that his presidential campaign has been aiming at and emphasizing for weeks: He said he’s received contributions from more than 130,000 separate donors. But they haven’t put Inslee front and center in the 2020 race.
Grand jury charges witness with lying about suspect in 2001 slaying of federal prosecutor Thomas Wales
In what may be a break in the 18-year-old investigation into the shooting death of Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas Wales in 2001, federal prosecutors have charged an Everett woman with obstruction of justice and lying to a grand jury about her knowledge of statements made by a suspect in the killing.
To honor the National Parks System’s 103rd birthday, both it and the Washington State Parks system are giving free admission.
Oregon will spend $9 million on a revived effort to replace the Interstate Bridge over the Columbia River, a decision officials say is intended to show the state’s growing commitment to the project.
- Spokane mayor
- Spokane City Council president
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Fairfield Town Council
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Nine Mile Falls School Board
- Spokane Valley Fire Department Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Measure 1
- Spokane County Library District Proposition 1
- Medical Lake Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 2
- Spokane County Fire District 5 Measure 1
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.